FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS3 the Mistery of the disappearing Highlights Buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Petrella
Encore CS3 the Mistery of the disappearing Highlights Buttons
on Aug 6, 2009 at 1:43:12 pm

No,it's not a murder mistery, but it soon will be if I don't find a solution to this problem (my client will kill me).
In preview the highlights show, and upon burning they are not there. No way for a client to get a visual confirmation of where s/he is navigating. I have been searching for an answer, but I don't find it. I am on PC, it worked until this project.No recent upgrades. And there is nothing exceptional about this one. Also the poster frames from the video on the timeline, once the dvd is burned, become blurry. Is there any solution to this one or am I heading for a different software alltogether? Thank you all for taking the time to think about these issues and help me out!
Laura

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore CS3 the Mistery of the disappearing Highlights Buttons
on Aug 6, 2009 at 2:06:00 pm

Can you post a screenshot of your Menu viewer with "Show Button Routing" selected? It would help if the image also contained an expanded view of the Layers panel with the menu selected.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Laura Petrella
on Aug 6, 2009 at 3:05:19 pm

Here it is Jeff
I tried to blur out some details to protect the customer privacy.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 6, 2009 at 5:36:48 pm

Hi Laura,

It looks like everything is in order.

I recommend that you build a disc image out of your Encore project, and then use the free ImgBurn program to burn that to disc.

I would also check your blank media. You should make sure it is quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim, and not bargain media like Memorex or Fuji. You should have a couple of RW discs on hand (if you don't already) for test burns.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Laura Petrella
on Aug 6, 2009 at 10:40:18 pm

Hi Jeff,
thanks for the help. I did as you said, but the outcome was the same. I discovered though, but this in prior versions of my burnt dvd, that my MAC plays the disks correctly and that the highlights buttons show up there. The dvd also play correctly on a dvd player.
How can this be figured out?
Thanks
Laura

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 7, 2009 at 12:53:44 am

I assumed you *were* testing on a hardware DVD player!

What software DVD player have you been using to test? If it's WinDVD or PowerDVD, then try the other one. I seem to recall an issue where one or the other had trouble with Encore-created DVDs.

If it won't work at all on either one, then try the free Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It's lightweight and not very feature-filled, but it'll get the job done. It also won't install any new codecs, or mess with the ones you already have. It's essentially self-contained.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]