FORUMS: list search recent posts

image script files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio Barrozo
image script files
on Jul 28, 2009 at 4:12:12 pm

I´m using Encore CS3 and I want to import subtitles from image files. I did a test with some TIFF images, I created a Image Script File, but when the subtitles appeared in timeline, they were jagged and its quality is the same as if I had typed directly inside Encore.
How do I get a better quality subtitles? Is there a way to do that?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: image script files
on Jul 29, 2009 at 5:48:51 am

Image files will yield the same result: it's the fact that in DVD-Video, the subpicture layer is a 2 bit indexed color space. That means it's incapable of anti-aliasing (as we know it), nor shadows, glows, etc.

You can make it a bit more pleasing by using strokes with lower opacity, but whatever you do it won't look as smooth as computer text.

Return to posts index

Sergio Barrozo
on Jul 29, 2009 at 3:12:27 pm

Yes, I can understand your explanation. But I remember that I´ve had watched some DVDs with good quality subtitles, i.e., I would like to know how get this result.
So, what is the advantage of creating Image Script Files, where we have to create a picture file for each subtitle, if the result is the same of the Text Script files?

Return to posts index

Julie Setbon
on Dec 12, 2009 at 4:59:43 pm

To obtain the crisp looking subtitles you either run them through a character generator from Ultech/Link Electronics such as the ITV-Injector, DV-2000, DV-3000, HDE-3000 or you import them directly into your edit system.

Julie H. Setbon
iProbe Multilingual Solutions, Inc.
Tel. 212-489-6035
http://www.iprobesolutions.com
Language Versioning - Production & Event Support - Video Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]