FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapter Points in Encore CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Laymond
Chapter Points in Encore CS3
on Jul 28, 2009 at 4:10:38 pm

I have completed a large project running time c. 1 hour. There is a Main Menu which gives the option to play the whole movie or go to 5 sub menus for particlar segments and each sub-menu segment has average of 5 scenes in each sub menu to select from. All of the scene buttons to navigate around work 100%. However when playing the whole movie at each chapter point which in linked to the submenus the movie stalls just for a second before continuing. The same thing happens on every chapter point added within each scene to enable a viewer to quickly scan through the whole movie.

First time round I added all chapter points in Adobe Premier Pro CS3 before exporting the timeline to Encore. As everything stalled as mentoned above I created a 2nd timeline and exported that to Encore without chapter points and then added these in Encore. The same problem still exists.

For the sake of completeness

1)The sub menus have poster frames set but I cannot see that they are the problem as chapter points which are not linked to any sub menu have the same problem.

2)The movie timeline created was built from a number of timelines used for each scene. These scenes were added to the timeline in the order required before exporting to Enore.

Can anyone explain what causes this or how to overcome the problem?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jon Geddes
Re: Chapter Points in Encore CS3
on Jul 29, 2009 at 7:27:54 pm

Do not use the override or end action for any of the chapters. Your entire video should be rendered out as a single file. Add your chapter points in either program, it doesn't matter. Create a Chapter Playlist which each submenu's buttons will link to. You can then set an end action for the chapter playlist and not the chapter itself. You should not have to use any overrides at all.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]