FORUMS: list search recent posts

After creating buttons, how does one get rid of the text graphics?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Brown
After creating buttons, how does one get rid of the text graphics?
on Jul 23, 2009 at 3:57:50 am

I've figured out what's going on with my button / loop point issue.

The way I am creating my buttons is by using Encore's text-entry process. I type something in on the menu, and convert the resulting text box into a button.

Unfortunately, the text graphics Encore put there when I typed it in.. doesn't go away. It sticks around. And naturally it ignores loop points because it's static menu graphics, which apparently takes priority over motion video in a menu.

So I need to figure out how to get rid of it. I ultimately don't need a static menu because my menu video has all that covered. I only need the buttons which I create from the text graphics within Encore.

For the record, I've already tried exporting the menu to Photoshop, eliminating the visual elements (text) and importing the result back into Encore, despite the fact that my success rate for inter-Adobe functionality is about 20%. Well, Encore doesn't like the resulting menu. It crashes. So... I need to be able to do this from WITHIN Encore.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: After creating buttons, how does one get rid of the text graphics?
on Jul 23, 2009 at 2:47:02 pm

This is a simple thing to do:

1. Type your text into the menu to create a text layer
2. Convert it to a button
3. In Button properties, uncheck "Create Text Subpicture"
4. Choose Object > Create Subpicture
5. Go to the Layers panel and hide the text layer within the button

I don't understand your Loop Point issue at all, nor your subsequent statement. Static graphics don't take priority over motion menus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]