FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a solution for invisible highlight button problem?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Folorunsho
Is there a solution for invisible highlight button problem?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:11:39 am

The highlight button feature of my burned DVDs won't work on tv/dvd players.

I searched this forum and other places on the internet for a solution and found many with the same problem.

Is there a solution for this problem?

I'm on a Mac, running Leopard using Encore CS3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Michael Folorunsho
Clicktone Media
http://www.youtube.com/clicktonemedia

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Is there a solution for invisible highlight button problem?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 12:08:21 pm

Unfortunately, the only solution that I know is to either roll back to Tiger or upgrade to CS4.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Michael Folorunsho
on Jul 15, 2009 at 1:30:53 pm

This is outrageous! How can a large company like Adobe release faulty software and not bother to release adequate patches to fix the issues?! I've searched the internet for hours on various other forums and countless others are having the exact same problem.

I just got off the phone to customer support; they are of course fully aware of the problem yet don't bother to do anything about it. The woman on the phone said she'd forward the issue I raised with the 'technical department' who supposedly would release a future patch/update but of course she couldn't give any kind of time frame for this.

I thinks it's very unfair for a customer to pay for a product that doesn't do what it's suppose to do and then leave them in the dark. I ultimately can't use Encore for anything important. I can't have my clients complaining that they can't navigate through their DVD menu because the button/arrow/highlight is not visible. Imagine trying to navigate through you computer with an invisible mouse cursor...ridiculous!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:18:58 pm

Leopard was released after Encore CS3. The highlights work perfectly well when the disc is authored on Tiger.

Blame Apple and whatever changes they made to their OS.

It's akin to a Windows user complaining that Encore CS3 doesn't work on Windows 7, when it works perfectly well on Windows XP.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Patrick Inhofer
on Sep 10, 2009 at 4:24:26 pm

[Jeff Bellune] "Unfortunately, the only solution that I know is to either roll back to Tiger or upgrade to CS4. "

I've been fighting with Encore for 3 days trying to figure out why my buttons aren't showing anywhere except in the Encore preview...

Am I reading correctly here that Encore CS3 is busted with OS 10.5.x and won't properly created buttons upon building?

- pi, in the middle of yet another 2 hour build trying to fix this problem

Patrick Inhofer
Finisher-in-Chief
Fini, nyc

Return to posts index

Laura Petrella
on Aug 5, 2009 at 8:28:30 pm

Michael,
did you find out how to fix this problem? I am now experiencing it,
all of a sudden and I have not gotten anywhere near a solution. I have the same problem with corporate clients and don't know what other product I should use if this does not get fixed.
I have Encore cs3 and I am on a pc
Laura

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]