error message - End action will not excute

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yvonne Chen
error message - End action will not excute
on Jul 10, 2009 at 2:11:31 am

hi

i got another problem.

before i build my project to DVD, an error msg comes out like this "End action will not excute because of end action on the final chapter point". I changed the end action to either first chapter or return to last meau, but the error msg still exist. is that because that my video can't play repeatly when last video finished?

can someone help me with this? Thanks so much!!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: error message - End action will not excute
on Jul 10, 2009 at 12:18:53 pm

The timeline ends when the last chapter ends. The error message is telling you that the end action for the timeline won't execute because you have an end action on the last chapter, which will get executed first.

You don't need an end action on the last chapter - that's what the timeline's end action is for.

FYI - you don't need to set *any* chapter end actions if you want all the chapters to play in order. Link to the first chapter of a timeline and all of the chapters will play in order. Only use chapter end actions if you want playback to branch off to another timeline or menu when a chapter is finished.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 10, 2009 at 3:03:10 pm

What Jeff said. :)

Return to posts index

Yvonne Chen
on Jul 11, 2009 at 9:57:20 am

"FYI - you don't need to set *any* chapter end actions if you want all the chapters to play in order. Link to the first chapter of a timeline and all of the chapters will play in order. Only use chapter end actions if you want playback to branch off to another timeline or menu when a chapter is finished."

Thanks Jeff...however, if i press "stop" anytime when video playing, then press "play" again, should go back to main menu. how can i do this?

i really got few problems when I build the DVD menu.... :(

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 11, 2009 at 2:16:37 pm

[Yvonne Chen] "if i press "stop" anytime when video playing, then press "play" again, should go back to main menu. how can i do this? "

Unfortunately, that's not how DVD players work, and it's not possible author that kind of behavior.

After pressing the Stop button, pressing the Play button either resumes playback where it last was, or plays the first VTS written to the disc from the beginning.

The only way to get back to the menu when you've stopped the player is to press the Menu or Title/Top Menu button.

Return to posts index

Yvonne Chen
on Jul 14, 2009 at 2:04:19 am

Thanks so much for advice.
I think my problem solved. well just working as the way u said.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 10, 2009 at 3:03:16 pm

The error message is really only a warning - it's telling you that the timeline end action won't execute because there's an end action on the last chapter which will execute first. If the timeline behaves as expected (check this in Preview mode, or even better, burn a DVD RW and test it in a DVD player), then you have nothing to worry about.

Then consider whether you need chapter end actions at all (and heaven forbid, any overrides). Playlists and chapter playlists are a much easier and cleaner way of doing things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]