FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add audio to motion menu, menu goes blank...please HELP!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole Barney
Add audio to motion menu, menu goes blank...please HELP!
on Jul 9, 2009 at 5:03:06 pm

I am using a menu template from the Encore library. The template itself is only 16 seconds long. I would like a song to play with the main menu.

Here's my problem. When I add the music, it changes my project duration to 4 mins or so. However, the motion of the menu still only runs 16 seconds. After that I just get a blank background.

Is there a way to make the background hold through the song? I don't necessarily need the motion to replay, but I would like the background to stay on screen. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Add audio to motion menu, menu goes blank...please HELP!
on Jul 9, 2009 at 5:39:29 pm

Have you verified this on a burned DVD, or just in Encore Preview mode?

If only in Encore Preview mode so far, then try burning a DVD RW and testing it in a DVD player.

Return to posts index

Nicole Barney
on Jul 9, 2009 at 5:44:24 pm

Yes, I did burn a dvd and that is what brought my attention to the issue.

I have tried to simply add a background as an asset so that after the motion, it doesn't disappear, but I can't figure out how to get the background to start 16 seconds into the movie rather than starting at the beginning of the movie. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 9, 2009 at 10:51:30 pm

Hmm...

You could create a video background in Premiere that is the duration of your audio, with a still of the menu after your motion segment has played.

Return to posts index

Nicole Barney
on Jul 9, 2009 at 11:07:16 pm

Yeah, I tried that. I actually don't use Premiere, I use Final Cut, but I could try Premiere if it would work for this. I tried importing the menu into Final Cut, but it doesn't recognize .em files. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Nicole Barney
on Jul 10, 2009 at 12:36:14 am

Ok, so I might have figured it out. I realized that the .em file that is a menu template is a bunch of video and psd files linked into one file. So, I searched my hard drive for the name of the menu (NTSC_Ribbon) and found a file with the extension .m2v. That is the video file of the background only. I couldn't import it into Final Cut, but Premiere let me import it. I then found the .psd file of the still background image for the menu.

I created a background for the menu. Then I exported it as a .m2v file (which is the MPEG2-DVD setting on Premiere). I then imported it into my project as an asset. Then, I replaced the video of the menu with my video. I did this 2 different ways. You can drag it onto your menu while holding the option(alt) key. The other way is to click on the menu and go to the properties tab on the right. Link the video to the imported background.

Now, it is all fixed! Thanks for all your help!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 10, 2009 at 2:22:19 am

Yay! I love it when a plan comes together. :)

Cheers,
Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]