FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 4.0.1.048 locks up on boot up

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Newsome
CS4 4.0.1.048 locks up on boot up
on Jul 4, 2009 at 4:58:11 pm

I have all the latest updates (which may be the problem)
Encore worked for me a few days back just fine. Suddenly not any more. It would freeze while it was installing it's self. The last point of install it says "Initializing Transcoding"
I have reinstalled Encore and it freezes at the same point. I then updated it to the 4.0.1.048 version (again)and it still freezes at the same point. Any Ideas????
I might roll back my Audio drivers since I recently updated them along with my MOBO Bios Version. I have the latest drivers for my Video card.
Any input might help.

Intel i7 920, Corsair 3x2gb= 6GB, Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F8, NVidia 9800 GTX 512MB, CS4 bundle, Windows Win7 beta 64bit
also PPro 1.5 on a separate WinXP HDD

Return to posts index

Bryan White
Re: CS4 4.0.1.048 locks up on boot up
on Jan 9, 2010 at 2:18:28 pm

I am having the same problem with Adobe Encore CS4. When you start Encore, the spash screen comes up and it locks up when it gets to Initializing Transcoding.

I have a Windows 7 x64 system with an ATI 1GB graphics card. It was working the other day and I don't remember doing any updates.

I have uninstalled All that came with Adobe Premier Pro CS4 and reinstalled all with no success.

Please help

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 9, 2010 at 4:18:43 pm

Although it's not specifically targeting your symptoms, try the following Adobe Knowledge Base article:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/516/cpsid_51665.html

If that doesn't work, try this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/genesisproject/2009/11/having_weird_behavior_with_an...

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Bryan White
on Jan 9, 2010 at 7:52:44 pm

THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I trashed the prefrences and that took care of the issue. I am able to open encore with no issues.

Thanks,

Bryan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 9, 2010 at 8:04:12 pm

You're welcome. :-)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Dan Foster
on Jan 19, 2010 at 1:31:52 pm

I'm having the same problem here, but trashing the preferences didn't work for me as they are non-existant in the Adobe folder with it being a fresh install on a new computer: Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i7 860, NVIDIA GeForce GT 220.

It worked at first before crashing mid project, and after that it just wouldn't get past 'Initializing Transcoding' on the splash screen. After trying everything I could think of I did a factory reset of the computer (only had it a few weeks so not too much on there). Once again it seemed to work fine, until today when I start it up and it freezes on the splash screen again. I'm unable to close it either normally or via Task Manager, and it prevents the computer from shutting down.

Return to posts index

Pirmin Schwitter
Re: CS4 4.0.1.Channel 048 Start
on May 7, 2010 at 3:24:15 pm

The moment comes when encore transcode to point, Drives, it looks to dvd or bd, You must ensure that their current firmware of your drive DVD or bd used, Otherwise drag times cable, You will be amazed.
Firmware are updatet with Windows 7 64 bit highly recommended.
Greeting from Switzerland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]