FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 Crashes

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Manghera
Encore CS4 Crashes
on Jul 3, 2009 at 4:43:40 pm

I've had Production Premium CS4 installed on my computer for about 4-5 months now. I only got around to using Encore for the first time today. I can't even open the program! It either crashes while launching or holds up while starting a new project. It crashes almost immediately when I try to load an older project. Anybody else experiencing this type on thing? Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore CS4 Crashes
on Jul 3, 2009 at 4:53:13 pm

The quickest way to troubleshoot is to create a temporary new user account with administrator privileges, then try to launch Encore from that new account.

If it works, then your App Data folder is corrupted in the original account. Deleting it (location varies by OS) should solve the problem because Encore will rebuild it on launch.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jul 4, 2009 at 5:16:53 pm

where is this "app data" commonly found on windows? in an adobe/Encore folder? the user folder? windows folder?
I am using win7 which probably is the same as vista's location.

Intel i7 920, Corsair 3x2gb= 6GB, Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F8, NVidia 9800 GTX 512MB, CS4 bundle, Windows Win7 RC 64bit
also PPro 1.5 on a separate WinXP HDD

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jul 4, 2009 at 5:55:21 pm

What happened when you tried to launch Encore in the new user account?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jul 4, 2009 at 6:50:51 pm

It started but I have a million new problems like PremierPro no longer has Sony or Panasonic video formats as an option and won't load any of my HD footage projects.
I did a restore and got my HD formats back, but still can't load Encore.
where is this folder you speak of? In an Encore folder? Windows? User?
I did a search and didn't find "app data" file that screams Encore.

Intel i7 920, Corsair 3x2gb= 6GB, Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F8, NVidia 9800 GTX 512MB, CS4 bundle, Windows Win7 RC 64bit

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jul 4, 2009 at 7:29:35 pm

The fact that En started OK in the new profile is good. You can now delete the new user account that you created.

In Vista, Encore's app data folder is here:

C:|Users|[your account]|AppData|Roaming|Adobe|Adobe Encore|4.0

Rename the folder then launch En again. It should start normally for you.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jul 6, 2009 at 4:34:43 pm

thanks, In the end I just wiped the HDD and started fresh.. it fixed my other problems too.

Return to posts index

Jeff Manghera
on Jul 6, 2009 at 6:00:17 pm

Totally unrelated to the subject: I was noticing your system. Did you put it together yourself? How well does run (especially for NLE)? How much did it cost?

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jul 6, 2009 at 9:56:58 pm

yes I built it myself. Easy to do!!!
System screams I can render a video and burn the dvd in "minutes". I did a 1hr SD video burned on disk in 15 minutes or so. 2hr takes less than 30 minutes. (No more burning overnight with the old dual core)
has been stable on beta win 7. I updated with Win 7 RC, everything was fine until I installed a new 64bit driver for audio card, (I believe.) problem fixed on reinstalling everything and skipping the latest driver for sound card, I guess the motto 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' comes into play.
-------------
i7 920 chip $230 (now $199 at micro center)
MOBO around $260 minus a rebate of around $15 @ newegg
6gb memory kit around $110 @ micro center
video card $130 minus rebate that has yet to show up @ newegg
$90 750w power supply @ newegg
$60 Case (cooler master)@ microcenter
$40 250GB OS drive- nothing special just a 7200 SATA drive.
OS still free but on order for win 7 pro =$99 @ newegg pre-order
$25 OptiArc DVD drive
so around $1000
-------
existing (moved over from old computer)
500 x 2 for RAID drive setup
other OS drive w/ XP
later added LG BluRay burner for $140 @ newegg.
-------------------

win7 scores:
processor scores a 7.4
memory scores a 7.5
aero used to score a 7.9 but scores 6 now (not sure why)
HDD scored 5.5 (not suprised)
(I am missing one test.. going from my memory)

Return to posts index

Giellen Farah
on Nov 20, 2009 at 9:41:52 pm

What if it doesn't load? I have the same problem. But it doesn't start with other account either.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:46:21 pm

there is a known issue and a fix with Encore unable to select bu-ray or causes endless freezing

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/516/cpsid_51665.html

Return to posts index

Jeff Manghera
on Nov 21, 2009 at 6:51:56 pm

Unfortunately, re-installing Encore was the only thing that seemed to work. If just opening the project is a problem, try double clicking on the project file itself, rather than opening Encore first.

Return to posts index

Larry Weil
on Jan 18, 2010 at 7:21:01 pm

where do I find the appdata file in XP? I did a search and nothing came up.

Return to posts index

Antti Karhu
on Feb 26, 2010 at 9:23:51 am

Hi,

I'm a AV-technical support on a vocational school in Finland (so first of all, sorry about my english).

Here is my story and solution.

I installed CS4 production premium to 2 indentical computers. On a first computer, that I installed the package, everything worked fine. All the major programs like AE, PS, Premiere & Encore launched perfectly.

When I installed the package to the second computer, everything but the Encore launched. First time that I tryed to open Encore, it stopped, outputted error-report ja then the computer restarted by itself. After this the Encore just outputted the error-report allmost immediately when I tryed to open the program.

I have read these forums for hours to find the right solution for the problem. I have tryed all the software updates and downgrades to graphicscard, quicktime and all but nothing seemed to work.

Many instructions were about destroying the appdata file. It took me a while to find that file but eventually I did and that solved the problem in my case.

It's true that all the updates and all the little things that I did before finding the right way, maybe affected the final result but the only thing that solved the problem for me was finding and destroying the appdata file.

Before that, I created new account and tryed to launch Encore from there. It did launch so that ensured me that there was something wrong with the account I usually work with.

So here are the instructions, how to find the appdata file (windows XP). It's under hidden-folder!

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=49&threadID=132452&mes...

In my case, after revealing the hidden folders, the path was

C:\Documents and Settings \"user name"\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe encore\

So notice that the/my right path differs from the instructions on the link above concerning "local settings"-folder.

Under Adobe Encore-folder, there is 4.0-named folder. Throw that to trash and thats it.

I hope that this post helps someone.

So now I will start using these programs (and our students too) and I hope that I don't have to spend more hours on forums to solve problems that comes out AFTER the program has successfully launched ;)

-Antti

Return to posts index

helena laczko
on Jul 21, 2010 at 11:08:08 am

Hey,

I am having pretty much the same problem. Working on Mac Snow leopard, was just going to open Encore to work on DVD menu, and all looks like it's going to open and then suddenly it crashes. I tried several times in a raw, but always the same result. I was working on the program two weeks ago and everything was fine. Anyone can help? Where would I find that appdata file you are mentioning on my mac?

:-) Helena

racoonka

Return to posts index

Jeff Manghera
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:02:56 pm

It's been since I've had that problem. From what I can recall, re-installing Encore solved the problem. However, it seemed that I had to re-install it every time I started a new project (a few months apart).

Return to posts index

Pete Middleton
on Jan 6, 2012 at 5:04:28 pm

Thanks SO SO SO much!!
Big project and could not get Encore to load, after trying to create new account it refused me access to build, updated graphics card. then eventually banged my head off the key board as to how I would get my project from encore onto DVD that we spent weeks building (18 short films with commentary and extras etc.)
Now I can finally see it my project where it belongs on DVD!!!
massive thanks guys you saved my skin. and my keyboard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]