FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Buttons invisible on DVD players, but not computers

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Davis
Custom Buttons invisible on DVD players, but not computers
on Jul 1, 2009 at 10:35:28 pm

I've been a long time reader here, but I've finally found something that has me stumped and I haven't seen anyone with a similar problem; so here goes...

I'm creating a demo reel DVD with some custom menus and transitions I've made in After Effects. I put it all together in Encore, and the preview looked great: my simple rectangular buttons were appearing right where they should on my motion menu. Test DVD's played on my Macbook looked great, too. However, when I pop it into a few DVD players, the buttons are invisible. The buttons work just fine; I can navigate my way around the DVD, but only because I designed it and know where to go. No buttons are visible. Any help?

I've tried bumping up the bitrate, and turning down the burn speed, but nothing seems to fix it... I'm sort of new to Encore, so I'm not sure if there is just a simple setting I left unchecked or if there is a more nefarious problem... Any help would be appreciated!

-brian davis

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Custom Buttons invisible on DVD players, but not computers
on Jul 2, 2009 at 5:00:26 am

Question 1: Are you using Encore CS3?

Question 2: Are you using a Mac?

If your answer is yes to both of those, then there are many others who have experienced the same problem. Often times adobe fixes bugs and implements them into newer versions, leaving older versions broken. Just make sure you install all available updates for Encore.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Brian Davis
on Jul 2, 2009 at 12:11:03 pm

Yes, I am using a Mac, and yes, I am running CS3 and I have all the latest updates.

Any way to work around this problem? I'd hate to send this out as a demo DVD to possible employers in this state... Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jul 2, 2009 at 12:16:06 pm

I just learned it was the Leopard OS that was the problem. Perhaps changing might help.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/451886;jsessionid=A6225AA293205E3DC369ACD11F...

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]