FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 rendering

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Virginia Kinney
Encore CS4 rendering
on Jun 22, 2009 at 4:54:39 am

Hello,

I am totally new to Encore and have CS4. I have a good tutorial and made a video DVD over the last few days. I know I have to render to make it run smoothly, both audio and video. However the 2 places you can ask for rendering are not activated. The one in the file menu is gray, not black and I cant click on it. The one in "preview here) is not activated either. Both my audio and my video needs rendering. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to make them active?

Yes, I'm a newbie alright!

Thanks, Ginny

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore CS4 rendering
on Jun 22, 2009 at 2:07:57 pm

Have you already rendered your motion menu once?

You must select a menu, timeline, slideshow, or playlist for "Preview from Here" to be active. Assets themselves can only be previewed if they are in in a timeline.

Return to posts index

Virginia Kinney
on Jun 22, 2009 at 5:47:49 pm

No, I havent rendered anything yet because I have not been able to get to the render places when they are active. I tried rendering a timeline with video clips and another timeline with motion and nothing will turn rendering on. I wondered if I had a setting somewhere else in the program that was preventing rendering from being active. I am brand new to this program and this is my first project.

Thanks for responding. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ginny

ps: I can do preview from here ok, but the rendering in that screen is inactive.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 22, 2009 at 6:02:45 pm

In Encore, timelines do not get rendered - only motion menus and slideshow transitions.

You should be able to play your timelines, as long as they have a video or audio clip in them. Is that what you are looking for? Or do you have motion menus that aren't playing?

Return to posts index

Virginia Kinney
on Jun 23, 2009 at 12:37:52 am

Oh, I didnt know that I could only render motion menues and slideshows. Thank you. My timeline of video clips was not running smoothly and the audio portion was cutting in and out, so thats why I was trying to render it. I'll just burn a copy and see if it is ok on the DVD.

I appreciate your help very much. I bought a video tutorial and went all the way throuth it, but you can't learn everything that way. It's nice of you to help me out.

Ginny

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 23, 2009 at 1:42:41 am

[Virginia Kinney] "My timeline of video clips was not running smoothly and the audio portion was cutting in and out, so thats why I was trying to render it."

Hmm...that shouldn't be happening. What's the audio format you're using?

Return to posts index

Virginia Kinney
on Jun 23, 2009 at 2:42:21 am

It's mp3. The video is from a phone video recorder. I was previewing it tonight and the video stops on the first picture and the audio keeps going but still cuts in and out. I think I'm over my head here.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Joe Bowden
on Jun 23, 2009 at 3:23:32 am

Instead of mp3, try using an uncompressed WAV or AIFF file - you should see much better results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]