FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pop up menus - Blu ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Kirkham
Pop up menus - Blu ray
on Jun 17, 2009 at 2:14:56 pm

I am not currently running Encore (I use DVD-SP for DVDs)... but with the current ongoing project over at Rivergate with Blu Streak being able to take Encore builds and create replicatable projects I am currently assessing the various softwares for Blu ray

I understand that Encore has now implemented pop up menus but I seem to recall reading somewhere - can't remember where - that it didn't do them "properly". That is, you can create pop up menus but if you want a menu that has the chapter screens and you want say, five on a screen at one time and it to then "roll over" to the next five, that Encore can't do this. is this the case or can it create pop up menus properly in the same way that they work on all commercially available Blu rays?

Many thanks

Steve

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Pop up menus - Blu ray
on Jun 17, 2009 at 4:15:28 pm

Encore's Pop-Up menu support is limited. It does not support any Java Programming or advanced techniques. It supports using a single still menu that overlays your video. This overlay does not support any kind of motion, nor can it link to another pop-up menu. A timeline can only have a single pop-up menu associated with it.

On your pop-up, you might have a link to some of the submenus or chapters. If you have a lot of chapters for your video, you might just want to have a button that links to the regular scene selection menu.

Also, your button highlights will make a "cut-out" from your overlay graphic. So lets say you have a nice lower third picture for the background of your overlay and some text on top of that for the buttons, and your button highlight is a little circle next to your button text. After your disc is built, when you activate the pop-up menu, all your buttons will have little circles next to them where you can see straight through to the underlying video. Any graphics you had underneath the highlight will have been cut out.

I'm hoping Adobe makes some improvements to the pop-up menu feature with it's next release. Although, limited pop-up menu functionality is better than no pop-up functionality.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]