FORUMS: list search recent posts

drop area

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Federico Pangeri
drop area
on Jun 16, 2009 at 8:10:08 am

Sorry about the stupid question, i have some problems to create the drop area of a button on encore cs3.
I've the menu ( animated menu created from after effects)
i've imported the psd file than assigned motion audio and video (after effects comp) to that menu. now i'm tring to assign the a button.
No problem for the Highlight button, but i need a bigger drop zone for that btn.
i've tried to rename the Highlight with (=1) and the drop (or selection area as u want to call it) with (=2) but nothing happen.. than i've tried to rename the highlight with (=2) and the selection area with (=1) but nothing happen jet..
could someone help me pls?
sorry for my poor english..
tnx u in advance
hsab

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: drop area
on Jun 16, 2009 at 1:30:59 pm

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. What are you trying to make bigger? The bounds of the button?

Can you please restate the question?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 16, 2009 at 1:54:04 pm

Add a shape or text to the button group, and reduce the fill or opacity to 1%. That should force the object to take up space but still remain invisible.

If you reduce the opacity or fill of the new object to 0%, then Encore won't recognize the object and the size of the hit area won't increase.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 16, 2009 at 4:12:41 pm

Is that what was meant? Guess I needed more coffee...thanks, Jeff. :)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 16, 2009 at 4:27:58 pm

[Joe Bowden] "Is that what was meant? Guess I needed more coffee"

Heck, I don't know. I answered just in case that's what was meant. :-)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jun 16, 2009 at 4:50:35 pm

Well he did say nothing happened when he prefixed the layer with (=1) or (=2). Federico's method for trying to increase the selection area will work providing that he also turns the opacity of the (=2) highlight to zero in the 'Edit Menu Color Set' options.

Maybe nothing happened because he didn't prefix the Layer Group with a (+). Not doing this would cause "nothing" to happen when he tries to create the button highlights in photoshop.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]