FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subpicture is too complex to be encoder error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredrik Andersson
Subpicture is too complex to be encoder error
on Jun 9, 2009 at 6:05:56 pm

I seem to be having a problem with building DVD in Encore. When I start the building process (no matter if I make Disc, Folder or ISO) I get a warning that says:

"PGC "menu" has an error at 0.0000s.
The subtitle or menu subpicture is too complex to be encoded"

It doesn matter what kind of photoshop document I use, I always get the same warning. Even Encores own template menus results in this error.

Any suggestions?

/Fredrik

Return to posts index

andrew lorien
Re: Subpicture is too complex to be encoder error
on Jun 12, 2009 at 8:34:25 am

I've got the same problem.
CS4, it worked fine for three months or so, a fortnight ago i got this error for the first time. the only change i had made was to install flash, which i think reinstalled some of encore's recommended components.

It's a bug for sure. projects which rendered three weeks ago won't render now. adobe's menu templates too. i've made a project which has no timeline, no assets, one menu - and the menu contains no buttons, just a background layer. when i try to build it the progress window says "transcoding" then "building transitions" then i get the popup window: "PGC PAL_Blue Notes Menu" has an error at 0.0000s. The subtitle or menu subpicture is too complex to be encoded"

you're the first person i've found with the exact problem (googling this error message gets lots of people using subtitles)

encore CS4 with latest updates, windows XP.
andrew

Return to posts index

andrew lorien
Re: Subpicture is too complex to be encoder error
on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:03:05 am

Hey Fredrik
i've uninstalled and reinstalled and messed with a lot of things... but i think if you log in as a different user it will work. at least, i've got one test file to render to DVD. unfortunately if i open any of my actual projects encore crashes, so i'm going to try rebuilding a project from the source files.

but try logging in as someone else (maybe the admin account?). see if that helps...

andrwe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]