FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore CS4 crashes during transcoding.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Young
Adobe Encore CS4 crashes during transcoding.
on Jun 9, 2009 at 6:15:07 pm

We recently started using Adobe Production Premium. I tested a small DVD project I created and it transcoded and burned just fine. Since then I have made several large projects containing about 2 hours of video. Adobe Encore crashes every time during the transcoding process (Usually about 3/4ths through one of the videos. I have tried using Dynamic Link as well, and it still doesn't work. I am importing Microsoft AVI SD video files as timelines if not using dynamic link.

I have a windows XP 32-bit system with a 5600+ AMD Athlon 64 X2. It has onboard sound and a Nvidia 512 mb graphics card. It also has 3 GB of Ram. There is plenty of Hard drive space left. I opened up the task manager to see what was being used the most. The CPU was at 90-99% where as the computer was only using 1.3 GB of Ram.

A couple of times windows completely crashed. It showed a blue screen for a second but it disappeared and restarted before I could read it. When it crashes it doesn't show any errors, it only asks to send a crash report to Adobe, which I have done twice. Adobe Media encoder is also crashing every time I try to export anything other than Microsoft AVI. If anyone has any tips or maybe is experiencing the same problem, your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Adobe Encore CS4 crashes during transcoding.
on Jun 9, 2009 at 6:56:46 pm

Blue-screen crashes of Windows, or BSODs, almost always indicate hardware problems.

The most common of these is overheating.

Since Encore transcodes short programs just fine, but crashes on longer programs, overheating is a definite possibility. For longer programs, the CPU and video system have to work harder and continuously for longer periods of time, and that means lots of heat generation.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Adam Young
on Jun 12, 2009 at 3:44:16 pm

Thanks for your help Jeff! I had never opened up the computer before to see what was inside (It belongs to my boss). Sure enough, there was only a CPU fan and no case fan. I think it was what was causing the blue screens. As for the crashes, I found the answer for that as well! I talked on the phone with Adobe, and they suggested I update the graphics, audio, and cpu drivers. None of this worked. He also suggest that I download a program called memtest and test the RAM for errors. Sure enough, there was a memory error. We replaced the memory and now it works!

Adam

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 12, 2009 at 3:57:36 pm

You're welcome. :-)

Glad you got pointed in the right direction!

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]