FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing SAME TIMELINE from 3 different menus and then return to the origin(CS3)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joan Baldó
Playing SAME TIMELINE from 3 different menus and then return to the origin(CS3)
on Jun 4, 2009 at 9:00:17 am

Dear Encore community;

I'm doing an authoring disk for a furniture client and I have no enough space on disc to create 3 different timelines and compress them,so my question is:

Can I access to the SAME video from a DIFFERENT sub-menu (i.e: Language(Italian)>Play Catalogue) AND THEN when this video/timeline ENDS its final action RETURNS to the ORIGINAL menu (Italian)from which the video was played?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Playing SAME TIMELINE from 3 different menus and then return to the origin(CS3)
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:51:03 pm

Sure, just set the end action of the timeline to Return to Last Menu.

Return to posts index

Joan Baldó
Re: Playing SAME TIMELINE from 3 different menus and then return to the origin(CS3)
on Jun 4, 2009 at 2:03:59 pm

Hi Joe!
Thanks for answering! that's right!!, I was so abduced testing links that completely forgot that option :-(.
Everything working now :-).

BUT---> What would happen if each bottom had to play a different audio/subtitles INSIDE the same time line. Would I do the setup through the button properties or the timeline ones???

Thanks again
Juan

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 4, 2009 at 5:37:53 pm

You set that up in the Specify Link dialog - you can access this via the Link field in the Button Properties panel.

Return to posts index

Joan Baldó
on Jun 4, 2009 at 7:01:37 pm

Yes Joe, you're true this is the way.

I've done the setup but the subtitles don't appear where they where supposed. In the preview window(monitor window)they are at the bottom (over the letterbox area) but when I simulate the compilation (or burn the dvd) they JUMP UP 40-60 pixels and they become over the image. I've adjusted the margin in the Subtitles dialog interface/options when I import the text script but always happen the same.
If you can give me a hand on this I'll really apreciate it.

Thanks again Joe.
Juan

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 4, 2009 at 9:20:30 pm

If your footage is 16:9, then the subtitles will appear over the video on a 16:9 monitor. Are you playing the DVD player back on a 4:3 monitor? If so, what are the player settings for aspect ratio?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]