FORUMS: list search recent posts

Navigational issues in Encore-the NEXT/PREV buttons in remote control doesn't work

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valter Gurfinkel
Navigational issues in Encore-the NEXT/PREV buttons in remote control doesn't work
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:33:42 am

Hello.

I have just concluded a project with several clips in high definition in Encore CS4, and I burned a Blu-Ray disk for tests.

Once initiate the movie, all videoclips play in the correct order. The problem is that, when playing the disc in a Blu-Ray desktop player, the "NEXT" and "PREV" chapter buttons in the remote control doesn't work, and there is no way, during the playback, to go to videoclip forward, and back.

This BD project, actually, is quite simple, with just an initial front menu as first play that was built in Photoshop, with a single button PLAY (play all). In this simply project, there are no "scene select", submenus or any other button or navigation item.

There is one timeline for each video clip, and each timeline was putted in sequence through the Flowchart window. The end action was double checked and it's OK for each timeline. Also, each timeline have one, and only one "chapter" marker at the very beggining of the clip. This "chapter" was assigned by default by Encore and is named as "Chapter1". The intent is that each timeline behave as individual "chapter" in this project.

Also, in the properties of the disk and timelines, the item "Operations", is adjusted for "All permitted." There is NO overrides anywhere.

It's not a problem of the desktop player itself, because I played a commercial Blu-Ray disk and all of the buttons in the remote control work perfectly.

I also tested the Blu-Ray disk in PowerDVD 9 in a computer, and the "NEXT CHAPTER" button of this program is grayed and dimmed, not accepting to be clicked, as if Encore had not assigned a command for this button.

Interestingly, during the authoring, in the "preview" feature in Encore, the button NEXT and PREV works well, changing to the next chapter (videoclip) and back appropriately.

I tried to put all timelines in a Playlist, but the NEXT and PREV buttons in the remote control still not functional.

The only way to make the NEXT and PREV buttons in the remote control to work was to put all clips in a sigle timeline. I think this solution little practical, because it doesn't allow an appropriate visualization of the assets distribution, as I get with individual timelines in the flowchart window.

I would like to discuss and learn a solution using multiple timelines.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks

Valter-Brazil

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Navigational issues in Encore-the NEXT/PREV buttons in remote control doesn't work
on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:53:12 pm

[Valter Gurfinkel] "The only way to make the NEXT and PREV buttons in the remote control to work was to put all clips in a sigle timeline."

That is the correct way to make the NEXT and PREV buttons work as you expect. I only have experience with one BD player, but if BD players are like DVD players, then moving between separate timelines with the NEXT/PREV buttons is handled differently by different players. Some will work as you expect, others will only allow the NEXT operation, and some will not work at all.

Another option is to go back to your editing program and export all of the chapters together in a single video clip.

[Valter Gurfinkel] "It's not a problem of the desktop player itself, because I played a commercial Blu-Ray disk and all of the buttons in the remote control work perfectly"

Commercial BDs are likely not authored the same way you are trying to author yours. Using multiple, separate timelines that are designed to be chapters from a single program is not standard practice.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Valter Gurfinkel
Re: Navigational issues in Encore-the NEXT/PREV buttons in remote control doesn't work
on Jun 4, 2009 at 4:08:12 pm

Hello, Jeff

Thank you very much for your reply.

I feared that the only "official " way to make the NEXT/PREV to work would be to join all clips in a single timeline in Encore. I had hope that a "trick", only known by the experts, could exist.

Also, in your response , you suggest that another option is to export all the chapters together in a single video clip.

I think that this approach may be, sometimes, a dangerous way. In a non-64 bits computer, join many HD assets in a single clip in a NLS will, certainly, stress the memory system to colapse, with the risk to lose the work. So this must be done with extreme care.

What I didn't know is that exists players with different actions related to their functions, as you said in your reply that BD players are like DVD players, then moving between separate timelines with the NEXT/PREV buttons is handled differently by different players.

Up to now, I imagined that all players (and authoring tools) followed a rigorous standard protocol to uniformize all the possible actions.

Any way, I thank you very much for your kind attention. If someone has another ideas regarding this theme, certanly will be welcome.

Valter-Brazil

Return to posts index

João Ferreira
on Aug 28, 2010 at 9:43:15 pm

I have a problem.

I create a blu-ray project on encore,but my blu-ray player don´t reconise de button play.
but reconise on the remote control.

Return to posts index

João Ferreira
on Aug 28, 2010 at 9:49:05 pm

for me is the oposite, my buttons work on remote control, but don´t work in blu-ray player.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]