FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitle error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt & Katie Tredinnick
Subtitle error
on Jun 1, 2009 at 9:20:47 pm

Hello, I am trying to author a DVD in Encore and I am getting an error message. It tells me that my subtitles are too complex for Encore to encode.

I have four languages with different positioning for a lot of the text. Is it possible that there is just too much info for Encore to handle?

I burned a copy before repositioning the text, and it looked fine. After repositioning the text I get this error.

There is really nothing I can do as far as changing the text itself, it has been timed out to the video quite specifically.

I feel like Encore simply can't handle this much info, which makes me sad. I like Encore.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Subtitle error
on Jun 1, 2009 at 9:40:04 pm

Check to see if any of the subtitles come very close to the edge of the frame. If they do, create more space.

Consider where they were before repositioning them and make an educated guess from that information.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Matt & Katie Tredinnick
on Jun 1, 2009 at 10:00:29 pm

Many thanks, Jeff. The subtitles are not close to the edge of the frame, sometimes they are close to the title safe. Unless you are referring to the edge of the text box...?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 1, 2009 at 10:07:34 pm

Having the text too close to the frame edge was (I believe) the source of the error message for another user.

Since that apparently isn't the case with your project, I only have one other suggestion. Select all of the subtitles in each subtitle track and change the kerning. Undo the change and save the project. See if you can build without error.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Matt & Katie Tredinnick
on Jun 1, 2009 at 10:17:31 pm

I'll give that a shot. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]