FORUMS: list search recent posts

adobe encore cs4 24 hours to transocd 1 hour video

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sabrina Xaviar
adobe encore cs4 24 hours to transocd 1 hour video
on May 29, 2009 at 2:43:22 pm

I have an hour long sequence that is still transcoding in encore cs4 after 24 hours. The CPU shows hardly any activity but the transcode is still slowly progressing. Any ideas for why its taking so long?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: adobe encore cs4 24 hours to transocd 1 hour video
on May 29, 2009 at 2:56:09 pm

Are you using Dynamic Link to link to any After Effects compositions?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Sabrina Xaviar
on May 29, 2009 at 3:04:44 pm

I am using dynamic link to the premire pro sequence. I rendered the sequence before doing the link. But the sequence does have dynamic link to aftereffects.

sxaviar

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 29, 2009 at 3:47:01 pm

That's probably why it's taking so long to render. Dynamic Link requires a lot of processing time, and the links to After Effects cannot use multiple processors or processing threads.

So the AE comp has to be rendered, then the Pr sequence containing the comp has to be rendered, then all of that has to be transcoded for DVD.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Skylar Standley
on Jan 28, 2011 at 8:25:36 pm

I have the same issue. In addition to it, encore runs very erratically and has a tendency hang up when using it. I have a, half an hour long hd video that I exported from premiere using dynamic link that I'm sending to dvd that has ben taking 12 hours or so to transcode. I have a 8 core mac pro with 12 gigs of ram and a 9800 gt video card, if any one has any ideas.

I read somewhere that having spaces or long titles cause problems like this but when I removed all the spaces and reduced my titles and file names to 5 characters, I still have the same issue. When I'm transcoding only about 20% or less of the cpus is being used and my computer becomes completely un unusable. Everything stutters and hangs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]