FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu items skipping... infuriating!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Cork
Menu items skipping... infuriating!
on May 25, 2009 at 1:11:20 pm

I am very perplexed by this. It's happened on 2 separate projects for me now, and I'm totally confused.

For some reason, when playing my finished DVD, whether using a remote control on a standalone player, or the arrow keys on a PC, menu items are being skipped. I will have a list of 8 items for example, and it will start on one, then when I press down skip to number 3 then to 5 etc. It happens on some menus but not on others. But if I press 'up', it will often move in the right order. The Encore project is setup correctly, I have double checked this, as is the Photoshop file where I created the menus. I am totally lost as to what is causing this error!!

Return to posts index

Jason Cork
Re: Menu items skipping... infuriating!
on May 25, 2009 at 1:41:00 pm

By the way, it is doing this when I preview the menu in Encore, not just on the final project. PLUS I have reimported the menu, relinked the buttons, but it STILL does it in the same places! And this is happening on multiple menus! Everything looks as it should in the flowchart. I am totally and utterly stumped by this! HELP...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 25, 2009 at 1:48:36 pm

You need to manually route your buttons.

Select the menu, go to the Properties panel, and uncheck "Automatically Route Buttons". Then in the Menu editor, click the "Show Button Routing" button at the bottom of the panel, and then click, drag, and drop to route your buttons as you want them.

For more information, search Encore Help for "button routing".

Return to posts index

Jason Cork
on May 25, 2009 at 2:12:07 pm

Ahhhh [smacks head with hand]... Super! Many thanks!! :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]