FORUMS: list search recent posts

rollover buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sietse bruggeling
rollover buttons
on May 20, 2009 at 11:00:50 am

Hi,

I'm making menu's in Encore (cs3) and Photoshop and I like to do something simple, but it seems impossible.

I've created many buttons and when you rollover a button I want to show an description (of what will happen if you press the button) somewhere else in the screen. But when description and button are grouped, they form a very large button, overlaying the other buttons.
Is there a way around that?

So for example; I've created a button "chapter one" and in a field below the description of what happens in chapter one:"peter walks down the streets and meets Susan" and when you roll over "Chapter two" in the same field as the previous description is a different text "Susan an peter decide to mary" (obviuosly that is not the kind of films i make, it is to explain the problem, ahum)

Does anyone knows?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: rollover buttons
on May 20, 2009 at 5:46:52 pm

There is no way to avoid this, not with any program. It is just how the DVD specs are. You can however create separate menus for each button, and when you navigate through the buttons on the menu, have it auto-activate the button and take you to the next menu where the description updates.

There are a few problems with this. Any audio you have for the menu will restart when you navigate to the next button, software dvd players will not auto-activate the button when the mouse rolls over, and it's very tedious to set up. I would advise against doing it.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

sietse bruggeling
Re: rollover buttons
on May 20, 2009 at 6:12:59 pm

Thanks, at least i stop trying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]