FORUMS: list search recent posts

crash on startup

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Thompson
crash on startup
on May 16, 2009 at 6:08:28 am

I have a educational version of the cs3 master collection. I recently reformatted my pc and reinstalled xp 32-bit and installed service pack 3. All drivers are updated and I'm running on a nvidia graphics card with 2gb of ram. Everything worked fine b4 the reformat but now on startup of any adobe program it restarts the computer. I may have had service pack 2 prior to this but can't remember. I am running a memory test right now but so far, no errors. Can anyone help explain this?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: crash on startup
on May 16, 2009 at 11:12:23 am

I think the system may be rebooting due to a system failure (BSOD). That means you have a hardware issue. Configure Windows to not automatically restart after a system failure so you can find out for sure.

What triggered the decision to reformat the computer?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Dan Thompson
on May 16, 2009 at 2:27:33 pm

I will give it a try. Meanwhile installed service pack 2... no luck. I've reinstalled master collection multiple times... no luck. Ran "memcheck"... nothing. The most I've found online is that it could be a driver for my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D burner. I'll try what you suggested and let ya know. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on May 17, 2009 at 2:21:09 am

Restarting of the computer is likely due to a physical problem with hardware (such as bad ram, power supply, overheating of the cpu, etc.) or a driver issue. It is unlikely that the problem is from the Adobe software installation.

If I were you, I would try running a program called Prime95 for a while to make sure its not a hardware failure. If that program runs flawlessly for a long time, then you know it's likely a driver issue.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Dave Stout
on Jun 1, 2009 at 11:05:17 pm

This is funny ( jumping into this thread) I' m having the same problem. Sometimes I can start Encore Cs4 and actually get it to run and sit idle but as soon as I try to load a file ( clip) it crashes. It could even be a small. Jpg pic and it still just pops off. I gies this must be a memory problem but I load huge files into adobe premiere pro cs4 with no problem . The same happens when I try to use the bridge and jump from PP4 CS4 to encore cs4 it sometimes loads and sometimes it just pops off. Is this a bad install ? I'm I using to much hard drive memory for RAM ? Not enough? Please get back if you can
Thanks
Dave c stout

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]