FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crash on BD Build

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Courtice
Crash on BD Build
on May 16, 2009 at 12:01:59 am

I have extensive DVD experience in DVD-SP but am working in Encore on a BD-25 project (my first BD and my first time in Encore). Things have been going ok, but now when i go to build the project it goes through the transcoding process for the menus, (everything else is to BD spec and does not need transcoding. And when i come back to check on it Encore is always closed with the "Encore quit unexpectedly..." verbiage from osx. Is their a preferences pane i can trash like in FCS to fix a buggy system. From anybody's Encore experience what is the best way to trouble shoot this? I'm hoping their might be a easy fix/troubleshoot.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Crash on BD Build
on May 16, 2009 at 5:31:10 am

Have you read my blog post on bugs with encore?

http://precomposed.com/blog/2009/05/encore-tutorial/

It addresses many issues with Blu-ray authoring as well. Although my testing was done on a PC, I'm sure many of them effect Macs as well. Some of the bugs I mention, such as using a dynamically linked asset for a motion background will crash encore if the project is not closed and re-opened before building.

Something in your workflow is likely causing the crash due to a bug in the software. There is always a workaround to avoid these bugs using a slightly different workflow. If you tried building your project over again and it has the same crashing problem, then please list how you are building your project, in particular, the menu structure and all the type of assets you are using.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Harnick
Re: Crash on BD Build
on Nov 13, 2009 at 7:00:58 am

John/Anyone -

Out of my first 10 attempts with building a successful blu-ray disc (thankfully all of them on BD-RE discs) I only got two successful builds/discs. Because I got the two, I know it can be done, and I know the project should work just fine. However each and every other time the program seemingly crashes before getting to burning the disc. I've also tried building to a folder on my system, no good either - so I know it's not the disc burning portion of the process. I'm trying another build right now and shut off my screensaver, and turned off my CPU/monitor power saver options permanently to see if that somehow makes a difference.

I'm running CS4 on a Mac with Leopard 10.5.8. I originally was using CS3 and upgraded in hopes of getting past this issue, to no avail. Again, I've been successful twice, I can't imagine this shouldn't work yet again...but I can't get it to work.

It's ludicrous that Mac has not come up with a blu-ray capable version of DVD Studio Pro, but that's another story altogether. Any ideas?

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]