FORUMS: list search recent posts

buttons not working after building

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Low
buttons not working after building
on May 12, 2009 at 4:51:49 pm

Hey All,

I am currently making my showreel on encore cs3. Basic layout of a main and multiple videos. No chapters. I laid everything out and hit preview and all the video links and buttons works. The problem is after I build the disc, the buttons stops working. As in it's not selectable/highlightable and I can't click on anything. My main is just a static image. Is there anything I missed along the way? I'm just curious, if in the preview, everything works fine... why isn't the final build okay? Please help. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: buttons not working after building
on May 13, 2009 at 12:58:55 am

Have you checked your button routing? Is it as you expect it to be?

Return to posts index

Seth Low
on May 13, 2009 at 2:31:40 am

at the moment, after rechecking, there's a few links not pointing to the right clip. nothing too serious for me but would that be the cause of my problem? because i tried navigating in the preview and it works fine. i can select any clip i want, play it and it will pop back onto the main. it's just frustrating that when the preview shows everything is okay but when you build the disc, the main is just a single static frame. and i can't move to select/highlight a clip to play.

just wondering, would having 17 clips on a single main be a problem? i'm just trying to lay out my reel onto a single main so that my potential employers/clients don't have to navigate into chapter/subs.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 13, 2009 at 12:25:19 pm

[Seth Low] "when you build the disc, the main is just a single static frame"

Are you talking about the Main Menu, or the main video of your reel? What is your desired behavior, specifically?

[Seth Low] "would having 17 clips on a single main be a problem?"

How many buttons (total) are on the menu? For a widescreen DVD, 18 total buttons is the limit.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 13, 2009 at 5:11:28 pm

Button routing is where you set each of the arrow keys on the remote control to take you to another button in the menu. This should not be confused with button linking. Do a search on "button routing" in Encore's help.

I don't see any obvious problem with your timeline situation.

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on May 15, 2009 at 4:49:31 am

If you run your DVD on a computer, do the links work with a mouse? Do the links work if you use the virtual navigation buttons?

If you run your DVD on a DVD player, do the links work with the navigation buttons?

Just trying to understand the issue a bit more.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Seth Low
on May 17, 2009 at 2:12:33 pm

Button routing is where you set each of the arrow keys on the remote control to take you to another button in the menu. This should not be confused with button linking. Do a search on "button routing" in Encore's help.

yea joe, i recheck and relinked the button routing. i understand how that works =)

If you run your DVD on a computer, do the links work with a mouse? Do the links work if you use the virtual navigation buttons?

If you run your DVD on a DVD player, do the links work with the navigation buttons?

pauley, nope. the buttons doesn't seem to work at all. but during preview mode it worked fine. as in i could navigate with the mouse. the links all work and pointed to the correct movie.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 17, 2009 at 2:19:44 pm

Are you on a Mac?

If so, edit the menu in Photoshop and change the name of all of the (=1) highlight layers to (=2) and test again. Preferably using an RW disc.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on May 18, 2009 at 7:13:29 pm

I have fortunately not encountered this. Here are some things I would try to work around this (assuming it is too much work to restart).

Change the loop point. Assuming it is at 0 right now, make it 00:00:01 to see what happens. Maybe that will 'kick start' the buttons.

Copy and paste the menu and use the second one.

If the above doesn't work, then have your first one auto-activate to the second one.

Have a dummy black 1 second menu screen as your first menu which times out after 1 iteration to your next menu screen.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]