FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapter problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suthard
Chapter problem
on May 12, 2009 at 3:14:57 pm

I had created a DVD with 5 different programs. I had set it up so that each program had a button and there was a play all button. I had it so that if you picked a specific show and played just that show, when it was done it would return to the menu. When you hit the play all button, it would go to the next show once the previous was finished. All shows are in the same timeline. Now the client wants chapter points added into each show (but no buttons associated with those chapters). It was easily done, and the original chapter points with the end action and overrides automatically adjusting to the new chapters. The only problem is after I burned the dvd when I select a single show, it does not return to the main menu once it is done like it previously had. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Chapter problem
on May 12, 2009 at 8:10:56 pm

It sounds like you should have set it up differently from the beginning. Instead of placing all programs into a single timeline, they should be placed in separate timelines. Instead of using the chapter playlist, just use the normal playlist.

This way, each timeline will have it's own set of chapters, and can be chained together using the playlist feature.

This doesn't mean you can't do it the way you have it set up. Your problem is probably coming from encore not resetting some of the chapter playlists you had setup originally, and may require you to build the project over again to clear all the settings.

But if you have to do it over again, you might as well use the more logical method I listed above, as this is how your menus should be set up, using separate timelines and using playlists instead of chapter playlists.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Chapter problem
on May 13, 2009 at 12:56:51 am

And I'll add to that: remove all chapter end actions, and remove all overrides.

Use playlists and chapter playlists instead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]