FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore Menu Aspect Ratio Error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Doty
Adobe Encore Menu Aspect Ratio Error
on May 11, 2009 at 1:38:40 am

Hi, I'm new to this site (and encore for that matter) and I've been working on a DVD. I'm almost done, but when I try building the file I get an error message. Apparently, my menus aspect ratios are "not supported by this DVD." I can burn the DVD fine when I use the 4:3 aspect ratio, but when I look at the menus, the buttons are all out of place and the highlights are even scattered across the screen. Are there any suggestions?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Adobe Encore Menu Aspect Ratio Error
on May 11, 2009 at 2:44:28 am

Can you tell me more about your menu? Was it from Encore's library, or did you make it yourself?

What's its aspect ratio? Have you got any button transitions on it?

Return to posts index

John Doty
on May 11, 2009 at 4:28:09 am

Thanks for responding so fast! I actually have 3 menus: one main, a scene selection, and one for audio options. I made them myself, but I did so by taking one of the original presets and removing the background, other buttons, designs, etc. I replaced them with some texts and other buttons of my own (I didn't use photoshop) The background images were made with After Effects 6.5 and they are all 720 x 480. I rendered the images/background videos using the D1/DV NTSC (0.9) preset. No, I don't have any button transitions in any of the menus.
Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 11, 2009 at 2:43:31 pm

So the aspect ratio of your menu is 4:3? In your first post you mentioned 4:3 didn't error but that button highlights were not in the correct position.

What does Encore think the aspect ratio of your menu is? (look in Menu properties). And which version of Encore, please?

Return to posts index

John Doty
on May 11, 2009 at 9:14:30 pm

I think that the menus (which were originally Encore presets) are 16:9. But when I changed them to 4:3 under the "Basic" tab in the properties menu is when I had problems with button placement. Do you think it would help if I were to just make the menus on my own from scratch, instead of using an encore preset mixed with my own background image? The menu is 16:9 but my footage is 4:3, is that the problem? I am using Encore CS3.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 11, 2009 at 9:33:51 pm

[John Doty] "The menu is 16:9 but my footage is 4:3, is that the problem?"

I believe that what should happen is the 4:3 footage gets stretched to 16:9 to fit the menu frame. But it may be this mismatch that is triggering your error.

In Encore, motion menus have a video background that fills the entire menu frame.

Create a new menu or asset so that the aspect ratio of your menu and video background match exactly: both 16:9 or both 4:3.

Return to posts index

John Doty
on May 12, 2009 at 1:44:30 am

Thanks again! I did what you said and made the menus and videos to both be 4:3. I didn't use photoshop, I just made them within Encore and exported them as menus. I ended up starting the project over in another file (my old project file just got too messy and I REALLY messed it up). But now when I try to preview the menu, I get this message: "unknown error: -12004" I think everything should work, but I don't know why I'm getting this message.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]