FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 Looping Menu won't loop

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Holson
CS4 Looping Menu won't loop
on May 5, 2009 at 4:42:49 pm

I'm just learning CS4 and doing some testing as I go through some training. I've got an animated menu from the menu library that's 20 seconds. When I preview the menu, the menu stops at 20:00 and the music continues. Every time I set a loop point (shouldn't it be 0:00 for the beginning?) it does the same thing.

How do I get the menu to loop back to the beginning?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: CS4 Looping Menu won't loop
on May 5, 2009 at 5:30:11 pm

Is the music duration longer than the video duration? What's the motion menu duration? (you can find this in Menu properties).

Return to posts index

Brian Holson
on May 5, 2009 at 5:32:21 pm

The music is 1:00 and the motion menu is 20. I guess my question is how do you extend the motion menu to match the music length?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 5, 2009 at 8:10:53 pm

You could set the motion menu Duration property to 1 minute, which would cause the video to hold the last frame when it's finished playing but that probably isn't what you're looking for.

If you want the video to loop for the duration of the audio, you must set that up in Premiere or you NLE: import the audio, then drag your video clip in repeatedly, then trim it if necessary. Export a new video file, with or without the audio, and use that as your menu background.

Return to posts index

Brian Holson
on May 5, 2009 at 8:14:49 pm

Thanks Joe, I wasn't sure if I was missing a step somewhere of if Encore didn't have the capability of looping the menu video seperately.

I'll make sure to create it and import it.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 5, 2009 at 8:12:37 pm

Glad to help.

Encore only loops the motion menu itself (menu duration back to Loop Point) - if you want video or audio to loop separately, you must do that to the asset elsewhere, as in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Jonas Bendsen
on May 15, 2012 at 6:13:11 pm

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps someone will have the answer. I have an Encore title menu with a video/audio background (57 seconds), but I can't get it to loop. The video loops when I use the Encore CS4 preview pane, but when I build a DVD, the disc goes to "stop" once the background video completes (this is true for any player I use). I have the background video set to "forever" for the loop, and I changed the "end action" for the menu from "stop" to the menu itself (though according to Adobe, the video should loop forever even if the end action is set to stop, as long as "forever" is selected for the loop duration).

Any thoughts or help are greatly appreciated!

:::::::::::::::::::::
This is my life, I edit and edit and edit and edit...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]