FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Layer Split not working! & Files are bigger in encore???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Zammit
Dual Layer Split not working! & Files are bigger in encore???
on May 4, 2009 at 9:20:39 pm

Hi guys! New to the whole forum thing but was wondering if you could help me out:

I have two problems mainly..

1. When i right click properties on my video files in windows they show 4.2GB but when imported into encore and i build projects.. it says over the limit! Could the menus be taking that much space?

2. So after that problem i tried to resolve it by burning onto a DL disk but sure enough my luck wasn't good. When i tried to burn with automaticially select layer break point... encore stops saying no layer break point selected. When i try the manual layer break point button i get nothing.. (No dialogue box.. which i think should appear..)

Any ideas... working on a deadline and new to Encore but not to the adobe suite... Help would be really appreciated

Thanks
Luke

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Dual Layer Split not working! & Files are bigger in encore???
on May 5, 2009 at 12:49:22 pm

How are your video files encoded? Which codec, frame size, frame rate, etc.

And what is the total duration of all your video?

Return to posts index

Luke Zammit
on May 5, 2009 at 1:46:38 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply,

My files are encoded from premier at these settings:

720X576 PAL (25 FPS)
Target Bit Rate 6.7
Video: MPEG
Audio: MPEG
VBR 2 Pass
Widescreen 16.9

I am basicially trying to compile a movie, on it: the actual feature film: 1hr 25 mins and a number of dvd extras all adding up to a total of 200 Minutes - However when i right click properties on the folder where i am storing the files ready to be burned to disk it shows: 4.5 Gb (should be ok right?)

However when imported to Encore and i go to the build menu i get that the disk is full... So i opted to try and burn to an 8.5Gb then would have compressed using DVD Shrink. However Encore would not let me do this because of the Dual Layer Split Error... (Automatic not working and Manual does not bring up a menu)..

Would appreciate the help
Thanks
Luke

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 5, 2009 at 3:40:46 pm

Are your MPEG files muxed with audio? Encore will re-transcode those trying to get at the audio.

If so, export elementary (unmuxed) streams from Premiere, MPEG-2 for video, and uncompressed, 16 bit 48 kHz WAV for audio.

Return to posts index

Luke Zammit
on May 5, 2009 at 10:15:01 pm

Hi Joe,

Yes my file was muxed, i will give it a go unmuxed.. Do you have any idea reagrding the Dual Layer Issue by any chance?

Thanks again
luke

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 5, 2009 at 11:01:48 pm

If I read your posts correctly, you moved to dual-layer because Encore was re-encoding your files, so if you give Encore elementary streams you shouldn't need dual-layer.

Don't know about the DL issue, sorry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]