FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG file not valid???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pepe Sanchez
MPEG file not valid???
on May 4, 2009 at 4:45:57 pm

Hi, this is another important problem I'm facing when creating a DVD with subtitles. As I told you in another post I'm creating subtitles for some movies to be shown on a film festival, so this is a very urgent issue. I'm using DVD decrypter to extract the main audio and video track from the original DVD's sent by the artists. Most of the times it works fine and I can create the DVD with subtitles perfectly. But there are two or three I can't make. Encore won't let me do it because it keeps saying that the mpeg file is not a valid file (or something similar). I found a bad solution, resampling the video track and it works, but then the video quality isn't good. I need to create it without trasconding. Please help me, I need this to be solved, otherwise I'm going to be in big trouble. I have to say that the original DVD plays perfectly and I can edit in encore without crashes or problems. The only problem comes when trying to create the DVD. Please help me and you'll feel nice to have helped a good guy on trouble. Thank you!!!
PD. Encore version is CS3, do you think CS4 will work?

Return to posts index

Alan Peacock
Re: MPEG file not valid???
on Jun 22, 2009 at 1:09:39 am

I am having this EXACT same problem. DVD with subtitles. I demuxed from oringial DVD using StreamClip software. Everything checks clear in Encore until I write it. It writes subtitles and then I get them error message. No idea what to do.

FYI, I'm trying to write to a double-layer DVD. Would that have anything to do with it?

Did you get your problem resolved? If so, pleast let me know what you did. I have to have this to client tomorrow, if possible.

Return to posts index

Pepe Sanchez
on Jun 22, 2009 at 9:59:49 am

I couldn't solve this problem. I looked into a lot of forums, webpages but I didn't find a solution to it. The only way I found to get the DVD edited was to use a different software for that particular job. I used DVD LAB, which worked perfectly. In my opinion ADobe Encore is a nice software for authoring DVD's but it has several problems when working with subtitles. Sometimes it can be a nightmare. Once I had to redo a 2 hour subtitle line with three days aditional days of work! DVD is more stable than encore, but subtitle edition tool is not so good. Good look with your problem, I will recommend to stop loosing time trying to fix that problem and go with another software. There's something that maybe could help you. The error message has to do with the video. You can try to use another video file (that you know is working ok) with similar duration and the DVD with that video and your subititles. Then use a subtititles ripping tool to extract that subtitles. Once you have the subs ripped you can use them to create the DVD with DVD LAB. That way you will save a lot of time. I hope this will help you

Return to posts index

ccc ppp
on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:02:24 am

1. Close Encore
2. Find folder/s with encoded assets
3. Delete all .xmpses and .xmp files corresponding to all of your assets - there is one of each for each encoded asset
4. Open Encore project again - it should work this time
5. If Encore gives you an error again, try recreating the project with the same assets - this should definitely work
6. If you get an error again (highly unlikely), make sure there is no blank disc in your DVD burner - weird Encore bug that is still not solved after 10 years or so.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Mar 28, 2017 at 2:53:25 pm
Last Edited By Kell Smith on Mar 28, 2017 at 3:59:53 pm

Thank you for this - old post but helped get my project moving this morning. I cannot believe how ridiculously buggy this program is. Lost hours yesterday troubleshooting the Photoshop 1 error, which ended up with me having to go delete layers from the psd menu in Photoshop to get the motion background to work. Not my menu, Encore's menu.
Really Adobe?
I know it's been shelved and hopefully there will be a replacement somewhere soon. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Mar 28, 2017 at 2:56:52 pm
Last Edited By Kell Smith on Mar 28, 2017 at 4:05:12 pm

Just one update to this. Want to document what I did.
Went into the folder, removed the xmp files and everything that wasn't the mpeg files, into their own folder. Went back to the project to build the dvd. Built an image, which didn't return errors. Went into Toast to burn the image. Got a drive error from that. It's possible also that was a problem with the DVD, not sure.
Put the files back into the folder. Quit Encore. Restarted system. Put in a new DVD.
Built and burned fine.
Bugs, bugs, bugs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]