FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Preview Menu Navigation (Encore CS3)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Emroll
Problems with Preview Menu Navigation (Encore CS3)
on Apr 30, 2009 at 4:51:54 pm

Hello!

I'm having a problem with the project preview in Encore CS3 and I'm hoping someone can help.

On my main menu and first chapter menu, I can navigate with the arrow buttons in the preview window that simulate the buttons on a DVD player's remote control. However, when I select "Next" and go to the second chapter menu (I have four total), I cannot navigate off the "Main Menu" button with the arrow buttons in any direction. I'm fairly confident that I don't have overlap issues.

If I mouse over the chapters or the Previous/Next buttons, the highlighted button follows accordingly. And in the menu pane, all buttons are linked to where they should go.

Here is the troubleshooting I've tried so far:

I have tried to reorganize the buttons in the menu, but it doesn't help. No matter how the buttons are oriented, I can't navigate off of "Main Menu" when I get to the subsequent chapter menus.

I have tried using a menu that I created for a previous project that worked fine and encountered the same problem.

Here are some things I'm thinking of trying, but haven't yet:

- Creating a DVD anyway to see if it's just an Encore bug or if it's something that will carry over to the DVD.

- Comparing the menu pane to previous projects that do work to make sure that all settings are similar.

This seems like a strange problem to have, given that I haven't changed my software or authoring procedures.

If anyone can lend some insight, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Keith Emroll
Vaudezilla Productions

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Problems with Preview Menu Navigation (Encore CS3)
on Apr 30, 2009 at 6:48:43 pm

You probably need to manually set the button navigation. This problem will almost certainly be in the final build if you don't change anything.

Select the menu, and go into the basic properties tab. Uncheck "automatically route buttons". Then at the bottom of the menu view, click the 'Show button Routing' Icon. You can then manually drag the button direction to where you want it to go.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Keith Emroll
Re: Problems with Preview Menu Navigation (Encore CS3)
on May 3, 2009 at 12:04:19 pm

That worked like a charm! Now I can get the menus to do whatever I want.

Thanks so much for the help!

Best regards,
Keith

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]