FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does Encore let you burn 2 layers on separate discs?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Cork
Does Encore let you burn 2 layers on separate discs?
on Apr 30, 2009 at 3:25:36 pm

I have an Encore created project that is about 7.5GB in total. I am getting this replicated and the company doing it asked if I could put each layer on a separate single layer disc. Is this possible with Encore (CS4)?

I was told that DLT was the preferred method, espectially if copy protection was being used, but there isn't any on this disc. If I can't put each layer on a separate disc, can I just supply a dual layer one, or is that going to cause problems when they come to replicate? I'm not sure why 2 discs would be preferable for them.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Does Encore let you burn 2 layers on separate discs?
on Apr 30, 2009 at 3:32:05 pm

What the replicator is asking for are DDP images on 2 separate folders. Encore does not do this. You'll need to use an app called Gear to create these folders. Personally, I would find farm out this work unless you know what you're doing. Le me know if you need help.

Eric

Return to posts index

Jason Cork
on Apr 30, 2009 at 3:31:05 pm

So if I give them a standard dual-layer disc, having created this from Encore, they won't be able to replicate from this?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Apr 30, 2009 at 5:21:02 pm

Depends on the replicator and there abilities. You shouldn't give out a DL disc for replication, no matter who the replicator is, for various reasons - no control over the layer break is one of them.

You need to deliver DDP files. Get a copy of Gear or DVD After Edit

http://www.gearsoftware.com/

http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/software

Return to posts index

Jason Cork
on Apr 30, 2009 at 5:30:10 pm

OK, so with either of those programmes, will that work with the project I have already created in Encore? Or would i just take an image created with Encore and create the DDP files with it? Is it very complex?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Apr 30, 2009 at 5:53:58 pm

Yes....you can take an image or TS folder and create DDP files. They can be complex depending on how much yo know about the dvd specification. like I said, you might be happier finding someone who knows how to do this.

Return to posts index

Jason Cork
on Apr 30, 2009 at 6:38:46 pm

Thanks. I actually just called up my contact at Sony and they've told me they can work from a burned dual-layer disc. Which i guess makes things easier... if they're right!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]