FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Comps from AEP

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jayson Geveshausen
Importing Comps from AEP
on Apr 28, 2009 at 5:50:43 pm

In an attempt to learn how to create a transition using a menu i found this tutorial.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/aftereffects/articles/aftcs3it_dvdmenus_0...

I followed the directions very closely and actually attempted this from the beginning 2 times.

Where i am having a problem is dragging my comp back to encore. It goes into the encore project menu, but doesn't play the new it shows that it is 3 seconds long. But when i preview it (both in the project menu and after linking it to the button i want) i doesn't play. I know i am probably missing something here just need someone to point it out to me.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Importing Comps from AEP
on Apr 28, 2009 at 6:30:48 pm

What's the duration of the comp?

Your motion menu duration should be the same (you can change it in the Duration field of Menu properties).

Have you got any visible layers in the menu itself? If so, you'll have to render the motion menu before it plays (File > Render > Motion Menus).

Return to posts index

Jayson Geveshausen
on Apr 28, 2009 at 7:03:47 pm

Okay, not sure i understand about the duration, Its 3 seconds long.

And is the Ram Preview enough rendering? render to avi? Render while in AE or Render when in En?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2009 at 7:45:34 pm

We're talking about in Encore.

Match your comp duration and motion menu duration in Encore.

If your menu file has visible layers (check in the Layers panel), then you'll have to render the motion menu to get it to play back.

Return to posts index

Jayson Geveshausen
on Apr 29, 2009 at 3:04:08 am

Okay let me start over...i think i am talking about two different things here.

1. I am trying to create menu transitions. I create the transition in After effects using a menu from encore. Following the directions of the tutorials i have seen when i have applied the wanted effects I have two options. (as a side note i have only done a RAM preview with this composition in after effects at this point.)

a. Simply Drag the "pre-comp1" clip from the After effects project panel, to the Encore project panel. Or...
b. In encore click File> adobe dynamic link > import composition from after effects.

I have yet to get option a to work, it will only allow me to drag and drop the folder with the name "pre-comp1" into the encore project panel and not the composition itself.

When I use option b i am able to import the composition just fine into the encore project panel.

2. Once i have the composition (pre-comp1.psd.aep is the file extension it now has) in the project panel for encore I use the pick whip from the button transition panel and drag and click on the "pre-comp1" after effects composition. I preview my DVD and when i click the button for my movie and what i get is it plays the AE comp, but with no effects.

The Duration of the Comp is 3 seconds.
The Duration of the Menu which is not a motion menu is obviously 0

(side note i began doing all of this with a motion menu which i thought might have been the problem.)

The solutions you provided me today were to confirm the duration of the comp, and make sure its the same length as the menu. I believe that was a miss communication on my part, because i was mixing motion menus with menu transitions.

You also wanted me to see if there were visible layers in the comp. There are none. So as far as rendering i am at a loss.

Phew. Sorry man for being so dense when it comes to this...just finding out that the learning curve is a steep one. Although you helping me is helping me move along to where someday i can help someone else in need.

let me know if you need to know anything else.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 29, 2009 at 10:39:41 am

1. Make sure you save your AE project first. Dynamic Link via dragging won't work on "Untitled Project.aep"

2. File>Render>Motion Menus

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Jayson Geveshausen
on Apr 29, 2009 at 7:11:33 pm

Thanks saving in AE worked!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]