FORUMS: list search recent posts

menu highlights when rendered don't match

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Chung
menu highlights when rendered don't match
on Apr 28, 2009 at 2:14:10 am

Hello all,

I'm working on a dvd menu and when subpicture highlights are turned on, the red underlines are where they should be.

However, when I render motion menus and preview the highlights are off. This is highlighted by the 'Special Features' button in the image below.

http://officeofthedead.net/temp/encore.gif

any suggestions? any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: menu highlights when rendered don't match
on Apr 28, 2009 at 4:23:21 am

I've experienced glitches before like you are describing. I'm pretty sure it was just a bug with the preview, and the actual burned disc did not exhibit the problem. Otherwise, it could be an incorrect aspect ratio setting somewhere.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Jason Cork
on Apr 28, 2009 at 9:30:03 am

I was going to post a similar thread about this, but this seems related. I notice that MOST of the time my Encore preview buttons look terrible compared to the final burn. They are sometimes half missing, and look very pixelly, but on the final disc they are usually OK. I have no idea why this is, but it's rather annoying.

Return to posts index

Edgard Iriarte
on Apr 28, 2009 at 9:34:06 am

Hi folks, i just dont want them and i have read the manual and didnt find how to get read of them. Does somebody knows how not to see the highlights? I just want people to lick on the companies logo and the showreel will played.
Thanks Edgard.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2009 at 2:21:41 pm

You don't have to have any button highlights, but if you don't have them you may want to provide the user with some information so they know they need to do something to make something else happen.

Button highlights are nearly universal in commercially-made DVDs, and that most viewers understand them; therefore, I'd recommend that you consider sticking with the convention, but the choice is yours.

Return to posts index

Matthew Chung
on Apr 28, 2009 at 2:12:28 pm

Hi Ed,

if you look at the tab showing the menu, on the lower right side are three rounded rect buttons. press the two on the rightmost side to toggle the highlights.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2009 at 2:13:06 pm

Definitely burn a DVD (RW), and test it in a player.

Encore's Preview mode is a good first-check, but any serious author always tests by burning a DVD and testing it in a DVD player, or building a folder and testing it in a software DVD player.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2009 at 2:29:50 pm

Matthew, looking at your screenshot, it looks like you've turned off pixel aspect ratio correction in the Menu Editor, which is distorting the image (stretching it out horizontally).

In Preview mode, square pixels are displayed, as they would be on a video monitor.

If you turn pixel aspect ratio correction back on in your Menu Editor panel, it should look more like it does in Preview mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]