FORUMS: list search recent posts

The ''Disk capacity is to small'' problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikos Tsimpetonidis
The ''Disk capacity is to small'' problem
on Apr 27, 2009 at 4:40:59 pm

Hello everyone,
i don't know if my problem has been mentioned here before,didn't find anything specific bye searching the forum, so i said i'd ask it directly. Here's my problem:
i'm trying to burn a 5hour video content on a dual layer dvd. The entire project buy choosing automatic in the transcode settings dialog box, at a maximum audio/video bitrate of 6Mbps gets around 11.43GB. So i'm plannig to make a dvd folder and then shrink the entire DVD folder with DVDShrink, so as to fit on a dual layer DVD. Transcoding is ok , but when it comes for encore to build the folder, i get this error message:
''Disk capacity not enough.Hit OK if you wnt to continue with the burning''
So when i then hit ok, nothing happens, it just stops, by saying 'Build Navigation.Failed Compoleted''.And below that ''Writing DVD Folder. Completed''. And ofcourse there are no dvd files in the destination folder. I'm running the project from a raid 0 disk array, of a total capacity of 1TB, and i have 217GB free, so i can't see why this error, since there is space on my disk array. Is it because of ram memory? or does Encore outputs temporary transcoded files in the program files folder(on my windows installation disk, where i don't have much free space) before burning or completing a dvd folder?
Any help would be appreciate it, thanks in advance :-) these are my project specifications in case they're needed

-3 menus and 5 submenus, totally 8
-About 69 buttons totally
-4 video files, each with its own main play button, and 3 of them have each one their own chapter selection menus
-5 audio files, 1 of them used as background music in the main menu, and the others for the video files.

All video files are in Microsoft DV AVI format, and all the audio files in .wav format, stereo, 48kHZ

P.S.: I know this is a 2 DVD setup, but my client prefers it on a one Dual Layer DVD. Thanks again for any info and sorry for my long post and bad english :-) Cheers

Nikolaos Tsimpetonidis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]