FORUMS: list search recent posts

First time Encore User

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Miller
First time Encore User
on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:09:08 pm

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a repeat, but I have no idea where to begin searching for answers with my problem. This is my 3rd or 4th attempt with encore and the first time with a higher resolution project.

I encoded a 720p project from Premier using Adobe Encoder, encoding it as an MPEG2 file with it set at 720 progressive high quality (something like that, I'm not in front of Encore right now). The file looks great in windows media player and plays fine once it is in Encore's time line. I set it to no encoding for DVD and check everything using the tool in the build menu. The file is a little under 3 gigs and the only added options are 2 chapter points and the actions Encore requires you to set. Once I begin to encode all four of my processor percentage levels shoot up to 100% from around 5% to 10% in about 2 seconds, and I get a message saying Encode failed. I have tried the other encoded options and I get error messages that it is not the correct settings. With the no encoding option it gives me no indication of what is wrong. I also tried bringing it in with the Premier time line import option and with all the various settings I tested the same issues occurred with my processors.

My computer specs are:
2.66GHz Intel Core i7 processor
8 gigs of RAM
ATI RADEON HD 4850
Video Memory 512MB
the processors running on 750Gig SATA 2
All the Media is stored on an internal 1 TB SATA
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1

I know my computer specs are not ideal, but with my lack of knowledge I'm not sure if that is the problem or my settings, work flow, etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Mark

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: First time Encore User
on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:16:30 pm

[Mark Miller] " encoded a 720p project from Premier using Adobe Encoder, encoding it as an MPEG2 file with it set at 720 progressive high quality (something like that, I'm not in front of Encore right now). The file looks great in windows media player and plays fine once it is in Encore's time line. I set it to no encoding for DVD and check everything using the tool in the build menu. "

When you say 720p, you're referring to 1280x720, right?

That must be transcoded if you are building a DVD. DVD frame sizes must be 720x480/576 NTSC/PAL.

Return to posts index

Mark Miller
on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:16:51 pm

Wow, missing an entire step... nice job on my part. Thanks Joe, can I transcode in Encore or do I need something like sorensen?

-Mark

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:50:01 pm

You can do it in Premiere/Adobe Media Encoder. Just choose a MPEG-2 for DVD preset.

Note: I have heard that better quality can be obtained by first putting the clip in a standard definition sized Premiere sequence, scaling it down to fit the frame, and then using AME to export to MPEG-2 for DVD.

Return to posts index

Mark Miller
on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:53:33 pm

Thanks a lot Joe, I really appreciate it.

-Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]