FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button Highlights Pixelated!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob McLoughlin
Button Highlights Pixelated!
on Apr 15, 2009 at 4:54:13 pm

Hi, Ive just started using Encore (CS4) but I am having problems with the button highlights. In photoshop when I create my menu files the button highlights look fine but when I import them into Encore they look pixelated. I thought this may just be in the preview but it still occurs after I have rendered my DVD as well. Tried looking round the forums and a few people have had the same problem but I cannot seem to see a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Button Highlights Pixelated!
on Apr 15, 2009 at 5:29:33 pm

[Rob McLoughlin] "Tried looking round the forums and a few people have had the same problem but I cannot seem to see a solution. "

And that is because there isn't a solution for it.

In the DVD-Video format, button highlights are 2 bit graphical overlay. 2 bits literally means pixels on or pixels off, so it will not support anything like shadows, gradients, glows, anti-aliasing, etc. - it can only represent up to 15 possible colors and up to 3 possible opacity values.

All that said, you can work around the limitations of the format by linking to duplicate menus and setting all menu buttons to auto-activate so that when the user selects the button, it goes to the linked menu - but this can be a lot of work and will not behave as expected in a software DVD player if the user mouses over the button (nothing will happen).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]