FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP! DVD won't play

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristi Sendlewski
HELP! DVD won't play
on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:02:38 am

Hello all,

I am not very familiar with Encore so please be detailed in any directions or solutions. I am using Windows 64 and have Encore CS3 my client wants dvd's made that the user can just "pop" into the computer and watch the demo. I had had some success in Encore before so I started making DVDs. Much to my dismay they won't play on any other computer besides mine. I have it set up as DVD , DVD Disc, MPEG-2 (is there a way to change that btw?), 4.7 gigs, at 16x (the speed of the DVD I am using I don't know if that makes a difference. My videos in the timeline are AVI's Audio = 48. khz / 16 bit stereo. RGB millions of colors uncompressed 720 x 480 frame rate 29.97. My only tool is the "How to Book" that came with the ADOBE Production Suite. I get errors that the correct decoder is not installed on the other computers. We can play it with VLC but not Windows Media Player the clients player of choice. Please help is there a problem with making Discs on Windows 64 then playing on Windows 32?

Thank you ahead of time,
Kristi

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: HELP! DVD won't play
on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:22:52 am

In order to play DVD movies on a computer, that computer must have a software DVD player or a purchased MPEG2 decoder installed.

That is the responsibility of the end user, not the DVD author.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Kristi Sendlewski
on Apr 14, 2009 at 7:40:58 pm

Hello Jeff & Forum,

Thank you, I believe I have the software / decoder on my laptop but I still get the error. Is there another way to compress the DVD so that it's not MPEG-2? I'm looking for something that anyone can play. Should I start looking for different software? Once again this is not my strong suit so please respond with solutions in detail.

Thank you again,
Kristi

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 14, 2009 at 10:31:28 pm

A "DVD", or DVD-Video disc is a very specific set of video and audio files put together in a very specific way. It is designed to be played back on hardware DVD players. That you can sometimes play it on some computers using a software DVD player or some other player like VLC or Windows Media Player is an additional benefit.

For computer-based playback, I recommend compressing your program to .wmv. Those types of files can be played on every Windows computer because Windows Media Player is part of the operating system.

You can burn the .wmv file to a blank data DVD, put it on a flash drive, email it to someone or send it over a network.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]