FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Play back problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay krishnan
DVD Play back problem
on Apr 10, 2009 at 4:45:38 pm

Hi

I created some flash animations which i wanted to convert to DVD, so this is what i did

1. Exported to avi from flash, settings were 720x576 at 24 fps
2. Imported into adobe premiere pro, and exported as movie with default settings, at 4:3 ratio
3. Created a project in encore 2, imported the avi, and built a DVD.
Had set the transcoding to automatic and used PAL. Set the settings to use lower field first. Other settings were left to default.
4. The dvd plays fine on PC. But when i play it in 21 inch TV the movie was stretched, and when i play it on 32 inch TV the video is titled at the top left corner.

I am new to this DVD authoring thing. So could someone point me to what could be wrong.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: DVD Play back problem
on Apr 10, 2009 at 4:58:14 pm

Not sure if Flash understands non-square pixels...prolly not. Instead, export a 768x576 AVI from Flash, and for PAL you want 25 fps.

Import this into an Encore PAL project and see if you can work with it. If not, import it into a Premiere PAL DV project and export an MPEG-2 file for use in Encore. See if that works for you.

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 11, 2009 at 1:41:44 am

Is this conversion problem, or is do i need to setup some manual settings in encore?

Also would using some third party swf2avi converter help rather than exporting from Adobe player programme

Thanks

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 11, 2009 at 2:15:20 am

BTW here we use PAL-B , would that create some problems?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 11, 2009 at 7:43:48 pm

Did you try my suggestions?

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 11, 2009 at 11:58:01 pm

I am doing that now. will update you as soon as i am finished.

Thanks & Regards
Jay

~Jay~

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 12, 2009 at 5:40:14 am

I still have the same problem after what joe told me to do. The left top part of the video gets out of the viewing area.

I am a bit confused as to where the problem is? Do i need to change some setting in encore?

Regards
Jay

~Jay~

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 12, 2009 at 11:22:01 pm

You made the video 768x576, at 25 fps? How does that look in Encore? Can you post a screenshot?

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 13, 2009 at 1:37:49 am

One point is that encore stretches the video to 720x576, respective of what resolution i import.

~Jay~

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 13, 2009 at 2:50:29 pm

[jay krishnan] "One point is that encore stretches the video to 720x576, respective of what resolution i import. "

Yes, it does...because PAL DVD-Video must be 720x576 pixels.

It would be helpful if you could post screen shots of the problem.

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 14, 2009 at 1:46:07 pm

I created the way you told me to. Also created a movie with 5:4 aspect ration.

~Jay~

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:31:48 pm

I just hope it plays ok now.

~Jay~

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 15, 2009 at 4:33:46 pm

[jay krishnan] "I just hope it plays ok now."

Let us know either way.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 16, 2009 at 8:42:17 am

It didnt play properly. Still the same problem of video stretching out of screen. What i noticed was the part that stretches out also lies outside the outer safe area in encore. I also tried 5:4 aspect ratio hopping it would work, that didnt work either, i even tried square aspect ratio.

Then i tried converting the movies to 16:9 ratio in premiere and bought them into encore and made a 4:3 aspect ratio DVD, even in this a bit of the movie is falling out of the safe area, which i assume will not show up in the TV normanly and would stretch out

Do i need to re design the flash animations accordingly ?

Regards
Jay

~Jay~

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 16, 2009 at 9:56:08 am

It didnt play properly. Still the same problem of video stretching out of screen. What i noticed was the part that stretches out also lies outside the outer safe area in encore. I also tried 5:4 aspect ratio hopping it would work, that didnt work either, i even tried square aspect ratio.

Then i tried converting the movies to 16:9 ratio in premiere and bought them into encore and made a 4:3 aspect ratio DVD, even in this a bit of the movie is falling out of the safe area, which i assume will not show up in the TV normanly and would stretch out

Regards
Jay

~Jay~

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 16, 2009 at 12:04:18 pm

Regards
Jay

~Jay~

Return to posts index

jay krishnan
on Apr 16, 2009 at 2:40:29 pm

Well this is what i did.

1. Exported from flash to avi in 720x550 resolution
2. Bought them into premiere, and exported at 720x576 in 16:9 ratio
3. Then authorized a DVD at 4:3 aspect ratio.

:)

~Jay~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]