FORUMS: list search recent posts

transcode settings in Encore CS3 for 24 frames?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Quattrini
transcode settings in Encore CS3 for 24 frames?
on Apr 10, 2009 at 2:50:41 pm

Ok so I exported my 3 short films (all 23.976) and then dropped them into encore. Used the "automatic" transcode settings, and burned a DVD. Looks like crap. I found I can make my own preset for transcoding, so what settings should I be using to make the video not jittery and blurry? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: transcode settings in Encore CS3 for 24 frames?
on Apr 10, 2009 at 3:22:51 pm

Encore won't properly encode 23.976 fps video for NTSC DVD. Use Pr or a third-party encoder.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Nathan Quattrini
on Apr 10, 2009 at 3:53:10 pm

Use premiere how? The only way I found so far was to export a 24 frame file, then open a new PR project with 29.97 frame rate, import the 24 video, turn off frame blending, then export as 29.97. Then put that video into Encore. I can`t burn straight to DVD since I have other videos etc to mix with. Is this the only way to do it?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 10, 2009 at 3:56:09 pm

Did you do your editing in Premiere? If so, just open the sequence and export it to MPEG-2 as 24p.

Return to posts index

Nathan Quattrini
on Apr 10, 2009 at 3:58:52 pm

I did do it all in premiere. If I export as mpeg2 does it still need to transcode in encore? How will it control how to compress each separate video so they all fit on the DVD?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 10, 2009 at 4:54:30 pm

Make sure you MPEG-2 settings are for 23.98 fps progressive.

You'll have to manually calculate your bit budget using this method. There are lots of online bit budget calculators...take a look at videohelp.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]