FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore still buggy on MAC?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon Morgan
Encore still buggy on MAC?
on Mar 28, 2009 at 5:44:10 am

Looking to burn some great looking blu ray disks on my mac... comparable to menus I can create in DVD studio Pro.

I have heard nightmare stories about Encore and MAC and wondered if it's any more stable or works better in CS4 than it did in CS3? I use toast right now, but the menus it has are terrible.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Encore still buggy on MAC?
on Mar 28, 2009 at 6:50:12 pm

It works, however there still seems to be a bug that prevents the burning of longer projects straight out of Encore. To get around this problem, you simply create an image of the project in encore, and use toast to burn the image.

There are other bugs for the blu-ray authoring that still creep up. For example, if you try and set Permissions for a menu, it just spits out an error during the build process. Also I've heard of problems with chapter playlists and timeline playlists not working properly. So yeah, I guess you could say it still has some bugs, but if you know what they are, and just avoid doing those things, you can create a good project.

I've made a complete video tutorial (free) of creating a Blu-ray disc in Encore using advanced motion menus created in After Effects. The tutorial is for my Pro Motion Menu Kit products, however it can be used for exactly what you are wanting to do. You can watch it here:

http://www.precomposed.com/tutorials/

Under 'Product Tutorials' for the 'Butterfly Bliss' Menu Kit, Click on:
4) Authoring with the Motion Menu in Encore.

It also shows how to apply a custom Pop-Up menu for Blu-ray Discs, a new feature available in CS4.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
Re: Encore still buggy on MAC?
on May 28, 2009 at 6:05:18 pm

I only have CS 3 on a Mac Pro. My biggest issue is my menu chapter's do not highlight half of the time when played in a DVD player. It previews fine. I even used the templates provided. I spent a month emailing Adobe back and forth, trying to solve the problem. I finally gave up. I now use iDVD which is to bad since I had some great menu's in Encore.

Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]