FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Menus to Segment Video?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikhael Kiesler
Using Menus to Segment Video?
on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:44:06 pm

I've got a project in which a relatively simple animation plays, followed by a book which flies down and begins opening and turning pages as a voice reads them.

What I'd like to do for the DVD menu is to have the simple introduction animation play **and then pause.** After that, two simple buttons would pop up, play all and special features.

I've been playing about with motions menus and can't really seem to find the trick I'm looking for. What I really need to happen is just for my video to play the first 10 seconds and then pause - this is where the new buttons would fade into view. If one of the buttons were pressed, the buttons would fade away and the video would begin playing again. The way I've set the animations up, it will look fluid - I just can't seem to figure a way to do this and am beginning to wonder if it's possible to set up the DVD in this way.

I'm going nuts over this so any help would be greatly appreciated,
MK

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Using Menus to Segment Video?
on Mar 24, 2009 at 8:59:59 pm

It's not possible to do all that from a single menu, but it sounds like you're on the right track...

You can do the first 2/3 (intro settling into menu) with a single motion menu using the Loop Point parameter to set the timecode of when the buttons become active. Of course, you do all the animation in AE or Premiere, leave some extra pad after the animation (say 15 seconds) for your last frame, then export a video file and use this as your video background in your motion menu.

The final piece (buttons dissolving out) you would do with a button transition. Basically create another animation once more in AE or Premiere, and then link your menu button transitions to this video file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]