FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video-Button which links to something different

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernhard Malle
Video-Button which links to something different
on Mar 17, 2009 at 3:17:04 pm

Hi,

I created a DVD design with a title menu which after 7 secs leads to a sort of chapter overview (another menu). On this menu I am using 6 video buttons to be able to switch to 6 sub menus. However, sofar I have not been able to figure out, how to use a video button, which plays a video, but when clicking on it, will lead me to another menu - but not the video???? Apparently whatever "Link" points to will be played in the small button and Encore will then lead me to that link. Isn't there a chance to go somewhere else after clicking? Or is there a chance to show the video button, but make it "unclickable" for the user?

Any ideas?

Bernhard

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Joe Bowden
Re: Video-Button which links to something different
on Mar 17, 2009 at 3:26:53 pm

You want a video button, but don't want it to link to your timeline? Then don't use Encore's button video thumbnail layers at all.

Instead, create a facsimile of it in AE or Premiere and use that as a video background for your menu, and link your button to where you want it to go. Since you don't use a button video thumbnail layer, nothing will change when you link to a menu, since it's all fixed in the video background layer for the menu.

Return to posts index

Dennis Liljedahl
on Apr 1, 2009 at 11:13:50 pm

Hi, I've also been running into this problem. Sort of. I want to use video buttons, but the video I want to show in the button is not the same video that I want to link to. And I have not found a way to create a video button without showing the content in the button when you click it.

I read the post above on putting the video button as an background. But I have only been able to use one video background? I would like to small video buttons/backgrounds.

Can I somehow show a video in a video button, but when I click the button that clip will not show?

Return to posts index

Dennis Liljedahl
on Apr 1, 2009 at 11:45:23 pm

After reading some other posts I think I figured this one out. The only solution would be to make a background video with the smaller videos playing in it, right?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 2, 2009 at 2:07:55 pm

[Dennis Liljedahl] "The only solution would be to make a background video with the smaller videos playing in it, right?"

Right.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]