FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I add a website icon to a DVD in Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wendall Woodbury
How do I add a website icon to a DVD in Encore
on Mar 12, 2009 at 8:50:37 pm

I am building a simple DVD menu in Encore with 5 video chapters for a business. I would like to add a 6th chapter (icon) to the DVD, which the viewer can click to go to the companies website. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks.
Wendall

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: How do I add a website icon to a DVD in Encore
on Mar 13, 2009 at 5:15:54 am

This is currently not supported in encore

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Wendall Woodbury
on Mar 13, 2009 at 3:19:28 pm

Thanks for responding Jon. It looks like i've got a 'sticky-wicket' here, because in each of the video chapters on the DVD we say 'just click the icon to got to the clients website'. If not from a chapter point is there ANY other way that the viewer can access the website from the DVD?

Thanks.
Wendall

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Mar 13, 2009 at 4:36:12 pm

If you are authoring in Encore, then you can add an html document to the disc using the "dvd-rom content" area in the build tab. The html document could be a simple page with a message and a link to the website. You could then have a menu on the dvd that explains how to access the file. You might want to name it appropriately so they know what it is right away without even having to open it.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Wendall Woodbury
on Mar 13, 2009 at 6:01:10 pm

Again, thanks Jon. Since I am realtively new to Encore, which I find to be a rather complicated program, it would be a great boon to me if you could be a bit more explicit in your explanation (the exact steps to take etc.) The menu I have designed is very simple. It has a moving background with 5 chapters, with each chapter opening a 5 to 10 minute video. There are no sub-menus, just the one page. And, as mentioned before, I want the 6th chapter to open the clients website.

Thank you for any specific information you can provide.

Wendall

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 13, 2009 at 9:38:09 pm

[Wendall Woodbury] "And, as mentioned before, I want the 6th chapter to open the clients website. "

This can't be done with Encore, unless you are exporting the entire project to Flash.

Return to posts index

Wendall Woodbury
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:55:27 pm

Thank you Joe. Is there a software program, other than Encore, that CAN achieve this?

Thanks.

Wendall

Filmmaker42

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 15, 2009 at 2:04:47 am

Wendall

The DVD spec was designed waaay before the net. The two are like oil and water really. There were supported third party apps like eDVD which used to do things like this but with newer OS setups they just aren't reliable.

The only thing to do in this situation (IMO) is design a menu which explains where in the ROM section that HTML link will be or give the web url so the user can go there.

Return to posts index

Wendall Woodbury
on Mar 15, 2009 at 4:30:43 pm

Thanks Eric and everyone. Looks like I'll have to come up with a plan 'B'!

Much appreciated.

Wendall

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]