FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finished DVD will not play - 1GB limit?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernhard Malle
Finished DVD will not play - 1GB limit?
on Mar 11, 2009 at 11:39:12 am

Hi,

I am using Encore CS3 and I am new to it. I have done a DVD similar project with TMPGEnc , but that software is sometimes limited. So I turned to CS3.

I have created a project which consist of 6 menues, two timelines and approx. 32 chapter entries in each timeline. In the "preview" everything seems to be ok, Encore tells me that the final disk would be roughly 3.2 of the available 4.7 GB. However if I then create the disk (either on real media or as a folder on hard disk), the result will not work, the menues will be flipped over rapidly and the first video sequence will be shown immediately. What puzzles me, is that when writig the stuff to the hard disk, Encore "cannot count" beyond 1 GB - it insists that the disk size will be 1 GB.

Any idea what goes wrong?

Bernhard

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Finished DVD will not play - 1GB limit?
on Mar 11, 2009 at 3:30:15 pm

It's possible that you've exceeded the 1 GB menu space limit. How long are the video/audio backgrounds that you use for your menus?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Bernhard Malle
Re: Finished DVD will not play - 1GB limit?
on Mar 11, 2009 at 3:58:22 pm

Hmm, I am only using pictures as menu backgrounds (psd and jpgs, no audio, no video). I used it initially, but then (I think) I deleted them all.

Bernhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]