FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Blu-ray issues: importing as timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason stearns
Encore Blu-ray issues: importing as timeline
on Mar 10, 2009 at 5:07:33 pm

I am trying to import an m2v and ac3 files as a timeline in adobe encore cs4. Each each time I have tried, the program crashes. I used compressor to create these files which came from FCP. Is there a workaround?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore Blu-ray issues: importing as timeline
on Mar 10, 2009 at 8:19:02 pm

Maybe try importing them as assets, then create a timeline and drop them in?

Return to posts index

jason stearns
on Mar 10, 2009 at 9:19:14 pm

Tried that, but still no luck. Thanks

Return to posts index

Stuart Baker
on Mar 11, 2009 at 4:28:39 am

I imagine that Encore isn't too happy with media files that are proprietary to Apple. I would suggest exporting out of FCP or Compressor AVI files instead of .M2V Then let Encore transocde the media into Encore compliant files.

You can export the audio separately from the AVIs, or create AVIs with audio, and allow Encore to create the elementary streams.

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
on Mar 11, 2009 at 6:56:38 pm

I find Encore CS4 doesn't like files encoded from Compressor. Last Fall, I spoke to an "engineer" at Adobe and he asked me to tell him step-by-step what I did in compressor and the settings used to make the .m2v. Afterwards, he said those steps were correct and was unsure why it wasn't working. Most of the time, when you bring in an .m2v from Compressor, you will see in the Project window under "Blu-ray transcode status" that the file is being read as "Untranscoded." The "transcode settings" window never seems to offer an option to leave the file alone when it is a Compressor .m2v. Maybe I am missing something as to why it's not working with the above workflow, but there are plenty of other ways to do this so I haven't spent more time figuring out why.

Any movies I compress for Blu-ray with other software (like Sorenson Squeeze) work fine when imported into Encore. I like Sorenson anyway compared to Compressor because I have more control over more options.

One option if you don't have additional compression software is to let Encore do the transcoding. I've let Encore do this with various source material (such as mographs out of AE with animation codec, or raw footage right off the Sony XDCAM HD) with either mpeg-2 or h.264 compression, and it's worked pretty well on high quality settings.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 12, 2009 at 11:33:28 am

[jason stearns] "m trying to import an m2v and ac3 files as a timeline in adobe encore cs4. Each each time I have tried, the program crashes. I used compressor to create these files which came from FCP. Is there a workaround?"

Did you use the correct BluRay settings in Compressor? We only use Compressor for all our BluRay MPEG-2 and AC-3 files and have had zero issues with the files in Encore CS3, CS4 and even NetBlender's DoStudio.

The files look pretty much like their HD originals. Actual authoring in Encore is our issue, but the files themselves from Apple and Compressor are a non-issue, at least they haven't been an issue here for the almost 2 years we've been doing BluRay discs.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]