FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Output

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Benton
Flash Output
on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:43:36 pm

First time user here. I've had pretty good success but one holdup.
I made a DVD with no problems or defects but when I exported a flash version for the web, everything works, except for when I play the main video, at the chapter breaks it kind of freezes up and jumps/skips a couple of frames then plays fine. I have a whole main video, then I put chapter markers and have a chapter menu, that works fine. But if you just watch the video from the start, at the points where these chapter markers exist, it freezes then jumps and skips.

Actually the video is online, you can view it here:

http://dvd.kesslercrane.com/

(It first happens about a minute or so into the main video, then about 7 times total throughout the video.)

Anyone had this problem or know of the solution?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Flash Output
on Mar 9, 2009 at 5:37:33 pm

It almost looks as if it rendered separate videos for each chapter, and jumps to the next one each time the chapter changes (notice the menu controls pop up at the chapter change). Maybe you could answer these questions:

Do you have separate timelines for each chapter?
Is it playing from a chapter playlist?
Do you have any end actions set for the individual chapters?

I'm not saying all of those situations would cause the problem you are having, but it would just be a guess as to why it is jumping like that. Like I said, it clearly looks as if it rendered separate videos for each chapter... so the solution would be to figure out why, and if there is a way to get it to render just one video.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Flash Output
on Apr 2, 2009 at 11:55:00 am

Unfortunately, this is a standard behavior for Flash...

It can only function with a separate physical video clip for each chapter. If you look inside your export, you'll see that there is a clip for each chapter. Switching between these chapters is characterized by Adobe as being similar to a 'layer break.'

Encore's ability to write to DVD or Blu Ray or Flash is great, but not all features of each format translate properly to the others.

...it's always something.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]