FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD --> MPEG-2 for Blu-Ray --> DVD = Problem (pictures)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Milner
AVCHD --> MPEG-2 for Blu-Ray --> DVD = Problem (pictures)
on Feb 27, 2009 at 9:14:40 am

Hi All,
(I posted this in the Conversions forum, but since it's all Adobe products, I hope you all can help)

I have some AVCHD (PAL 1080p) footage that I was trying to edit in Premiere Pro CS4. That wasn't working too well, so I had some advice to encode to Mpeg-2 for Blu-ray so Premiere could handle it better.
So in Adobe Media Encoder I chose (HDTV 1080i 25 High Quality) and it seemed to work.

Using Encore I built a DVD with those sequences imported via Dynamic Link.

It took all night to transcode and I get this distortion during fast movement.

This distortion occurs on my TV and PC. My DVD software on my PC had this pop up and if I turn off CLEV-2 & Smart Deinterlace, the footage is clean again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there another Mpeg-2 for Blu-Ray preset I should try?

Many, many thanks,
Clint

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: AVCHD --> MPEG-2 for Blu-Ray --> DVD = Problem (pictures)
on Mar 3, 2009 at 6:52:12 pm

Sorry, but I guess I misunderstood. You are trying to build a BluRay project using 1920x1080 footage you captured with your AVCHD camera.
"Using Encore I built a DVD with those sequences imported via Dynamic Link."
I guess you meant you built a BluRay project and not a DVD.

I only have CS3, but I would use AME exporting as HDTV BluRay as you did and then importing as an "asset" into the BluRay project.

If on the other hand, you meant you were going to build a SD DVD from the same footage you used for your BluRay project, then you would have to rescale the full HD footage down to SD size, before you imorted it into ENcore for the DVD.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]