FORUMS: list search recent posts

This program is a nightmare!!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Lane
This program is a nightmare!!
on Feb 23, 2009 at 2:39:19 pm

I am really beginning to think Adobe is the new Microsoft. Encore has to be the WORSTE written major program in 20 years. It seems like EVERYTHING requires a workaround just to get by all the quirks! Anyway, enough ranting. I am STILL getting:

"Invaid Time", Code "24", Note: "Start + duration exceeds clip duration"

And I am getting it way too often on way too many projects.

On this project, I originally got it because first because the first chapter point had an end action to go back to the menu. Remembering that I had read that as being one of the many possible causes (thanks Adobe for another useless function!!!!!), I removed the end action, and did a test build....worked fine.

So I opened QT and exported my first chapter as a separate movie and put it in it's own time line. Set everything to the way I needed it...........and the timeline that worked in the test gave the error again.....even though it worked ten minutes ago.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone want to start a class action suit complete with pain and suffering? :)

Anyway, does anyone know what else causes this? I already know Adobe doesn't.

Return to posts index

Peter Mackay
Re: This program is a nightmare!!
on Feb 23, 2009 at 5:12:28 pm

Ray I had this same error message. It drove me nuts too. However I found the culprit. It was that I had put return to menu links for each chapter, and then also put return to menu links in each chapter-playlist, it was a kind of loop that I had created. I removed all the links in the individual chapter markers leaving the "Return to Main Menu" link in the chapter-playlist. Then the error went away. I hope that this helps your situation.

Return to posts index

paul scott
Re: This program is a nightmare!!
on Mar 8, 2009 at 9:57:48 am

Yes, Sometimes when things go wrong I start a new project completely. Occcasionally the whole program will be corrupted and you have to reloadit.

paulscott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]