FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Strickler
Motion Menus
on Feb 23, 2009 at 12:48:13 am

This is driving me nuts. I have had CS3 for over six months now and I still cannot get a workable menu. I have just been using my old DVD Workshop program. I am trying to get a motion menu to work and I have the manual before me. Also, I have some steps from a former post to follow but...

Here's what I have been trying.

Import an m2v file for my program content along with the .wav file.
Import asset (my m2v file for the menu along with the .wav file)
Next click on "create a new item and make it a menu.

Now I have a menu that I do not want because it automatically puts in a still menu from the library. I can cover it up by alt clicking and dragging the m2v file overtop of it but I still have all the titles and buttons on it that are not easy to get rid of.

Isn't there some way of getting a motion menu to work without having to first put in one from the library? Some one please point me in the right direction. Just reading the manual seems to leave out one curcial step.

Ted

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Motion Menus
on Feb 23, 2009 at 1:59:33 pm

It is not possible to convert a video file to a menu.

In Encore, menus are Photoshop PSD files. Encore includes PSD menu files in its Library that get imported automatically when you choose New Menu. You make a motion menu by setting the video background of the menu to your video file.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Feb 24, 2009 at 1:35:02 am

Thanks Joe, that explains why I haven't been able to do it. I have seen posts where a "blank" menu was created. What do I have to do for a blank menu?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 24, 2009 at 2:34:48 am

Look in your Library panel...there is a blank menu there.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Feb 24, 2009 at 5:25:26 pm

Thanks again Joe. I had looked several times but not alphabetically.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]