FORUMS: list search recent posts

One more question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Mackay
One more question
on Feb 21, 2009 at 6:51:19 pm

Finally, I have completed my first BluRay project in encore. It was an interesting experience. Being totally familiar with DVD Studio Pro the move to Encore was a little frustrating to say the least. But the project has now got a BD disk burned. One small problem remains. On the disk I have a Play All button that works great. In the player I am able to play and move to the next chapter with no issues. I also have a chapter menu, that is where the problem lies. When testing the chapter menu in Encore it worked just fine, either clicking the menu with the cursor or using the remote simulator. I was able to go to each chapter and return to the menu as authored. However in the player the remote would be able to select and highlight each chapter but when the play button was pressed it did not play. Just jumped back to the main menu.

The project is laid out as follows. There is just one timeline with 8 chapters. I created 8 Chapter-Playlists with the end jump of the playlist the Main menu. Each Chapter playlist only contains one chapter, the one that I wish to go to. As I said before Previewing this, shows that it works.

My question is, is it necessary to bring in each chapter as a separate timeline in order for this to work, and consequently the Play All button would have to be a playlist that jumped to each chapter. I was concerned that the viewer would see those jumps which is why I wanted the timeline to be complete.

I hope that this all makes sense to someone and I can get the correct answer. I have done searches here in the forum, and the manual, and checked out Adobe's forum, but have not found the definitive answer.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: One more question
on Feb 21, 2009 at 7:37:43 pm

Do you have any overrides set? Specifically on the chapter buttons on the chapter menu, but anywhere else in the project is bad, too.

Remove them if you have any of them set.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Peter Mackay
on Feb 21, 2009 at 9:07:02 pm

No overrides anywhere on the proj.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Feb 21, 2009 at 10:41:17 pm

For what it's worth, I never could get the chapter's to work with my bluray projects in Encore CS3, even setting them up in separate playlists for each chapter as you did.
I finally went to separate timelines as you suggested, for each chapter and it worked. I have no idea why or even if this a universal experience.
I was careful of no overrides, etc.
Just as an aside, for some reason, in my projects, the second menu (Scenes, accessed from the scene select button on menu one), always came up with button 2 selected.

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]